The Best Spring Gnomes to Make Your Decor Bloom!
I cannot wait for the gray days to be done so I’m rounding up the best spring gnomes to make and display. From fun crafts for kids to amazing gnome patterns, look through this list to see if anything inspires you.
If you want to know where to buy gnomes for Spring, I’ll share a few of the most adorable and fun finds I have purchased myself or have had sent to me. There are even some cutes ones to grab for less than $20 online!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I absolutely adore making gnomes. Not too long ago, I was one of the very few who were sharing gnome tutorials so people could make their own. They weren’t in US stores like they are now and when I stopped traveling so much, I missed picking them up here and there.
So, I got to making them and have made more than a few hundred gnomes at this point. Below, I’ll share some fun finds and my best Spring gnome tutorials with you.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
RELATED READING: FARMHOUSE SOCK GNOMES WITH BOOTS
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
This is a fun resource. Why not save this to your favorite DIY pin board or share it on Facebook. It will be easy to find when you need a little inspiration.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Your Own Spring Gnomes
Many of these are tutorials with video instruction, so if you’re a visual learner, click on through. Some of them have fun patterns to guide you, some are gnomes with arms and legs made from recyclables, and some are fun crafts you can do in a few minutes.
- Several of these DIY gnome tutorials for spring call for craft fur or Mongolian fur, which, if you’ve never had success cutting it, can be quite intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be. Check out this quick video I made of how to make a gnome beard with faux fur.
- There are SO many gnome nose ideas in these gnome tutorials. My favorite tomte nose is definitely polymer clay because I have more control over how big and what color it is. But I also love these wood beads and nylon stuffed with Poly-Fil.
- If this is your first time to make a gnome, take your time. No one is an expert right away and many of these tutorials took 2 or 3 times to get them right.
- You can make a gnome from any fabric, but if you’re on the fence, reach for fleece or felt. Both are very forgiving fabrics and if you make a mistake, you can trim it and no one will know the difference.
- Each gnome you make is unique. Do not feel constrained by these spring gnome ideas. Come up with your own variation or a new gnome (and then please come back and share them with me)!
More Spring Farmhouse Decor Ideas You Might Like
- Rae Dunn Farmhouse Crafts – I love making things to add to my farmhouse spring decor and I like Rae Dunn so, of course, I found some awesome tutorials.
- Farmhouse Sign for Spring – Need to brighten a room and kind of freshen it up for spring? This is the sign for you!
- Spring Hand Lettering Practice Sheet – Speaking of freshening up a room, this is the most fun way to freshen up your bullet journal for spring or just make a fun wall art piece.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite crafting ideas pin board.