This easy farmhouse sign for Spring will brighten any room in your house. You’ll be done in no time and the possibilities are endless!
Farmhouse Sign for Spring
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we absolutely love farmhouse crafts. Seriously, they’re nothing if not a fun way to brighten a room and just bring that touch of homeyness that every house needs. And EVERY Spring farmhouse needs this little touch of “love”!
I, for one, cannot wait to put this pretty, and quick farmhouse sign for Spring at my front door… or maybe on the mantle… ooh, or maybe in the kitchen. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Farmhouse Crafts
If you’re going to be making this farmhouse sign for Spring, or any farmhouse crafts, you have to know a few things about spring farmhouse DIY projects:
- Less is more – simple is chic.
- Pops of color with muted backgrounds make it, well, pop.
- Distressed is best – take some sandpaper to that new coat of paint!
How Do I Make this Farmhouse Sign for Spring?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comment section below.
- wood plank (get it on Amazon here)
- white paint (optional)
- faux flowers in multi color
- hot glue
- glue gun
- We purchased our scrap wood from Michael’s pre painted. If you use your own piece of raw scrap wood, apply two coats of white paint and allow to dry before slightly sanding for a distressed look.
- Cut the faux flower heads off of the stems.
- Apply a generous amount of hot glue to the back of each and press to the corners of the sign. Press and hold until secure and dry.
- Add some optional greenery if you wish. Just snip, add a dab of glue, and press to the underside of the flowers.
- Take the hot glue and write one letter at a time to create the word LOVE. As you write each letter, quickly cover it with twine. If you wish to practice first, try practicing on a piece of spare wood or even scrap paper.
- Create the word and allow to dry.
- Add a piece of twine to the back of the wood for hanging. If the wood is especially heavy, you can use a staple gun to secure the twine.
- Your farmhouse sign for Spring can now be displayed!
For more fun farmhouse crafts and awesome DIY activities, visit RufflesandRainboots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Farmhouse Crafts You Might Like
- No-Sew Farmhouse Gnome – This takes almost no time and it could be a spring farmhouse craft in spring colors. This is my favorite gnome (and I make a LOT of them).
- Hand Lettered Easter Eggs – This is such a quick craft and you don’t even need to know how to hand letter!
- Spring Hand Lettering Practice Sheet – If you make this and put it in a frame near your farmhouse sign for spring, you’ll have a beautiful pairing, for sure.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.