This adorable mini bee gnome is made using recycling bin items, a bit of fabric, and some hearts. Your little gnome is going to have a beehive gnome hat, cute little wings, and a very stable base. For a gnome standing upright, his stability makes him perfect for tiered trays or displays in high-traffic areas.
The length of the eco friendly craft is mostly taken up by wrapping the hat in twine (took me 15 minutes), so I recommend popping on some music or television while you’re working on the newest of the Ruffles and Rain Boots bee gnome DIY collection. Let’s get started.
Mini Bee Gnome with Recycled Materials
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a very well-stocked craft room (some would say over-stocked). That said, a few of the best crafting supplies are things I rescue from a date with the recycling bin.
Today’s DIY gnome is one of those “it started with a recycled paper roll” crafts, except we aren’t stopping there. Grab a K-cup if you have it or a mini pail from the Dollar Tree if you don’t. Also, gather up a small ball of clean aluminum foil (I used a piece from some clay items I baked). Before we get to the tips section…
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share it for Later
If you need to raid your recycling bin, save this to a spring crafts pin board or share it on Facebook. Both will make it easy to find later.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making This Adorable Bee Recycled Gnome
- DIY Gnome Beehive Hat: For the base of the hat, I used a K-cup, however, if you don’t use them, go to the Dollar Tree and get the mini party favor pails in the baby shower party section. They work perfectly when the handle is removed.
- Gnome Base and Bee Wings: Each of these items use a craft store staple – thin wood hearts. If you don’t have any on hand or can’t find them, cut a 3-inch wide (at the widest part) heart from cardboard and use that. You can paint each piece as I did or leave them natural.
- Bee Wing Tutorial: If you want a wire and fabric wing, I share how to make bee wings in this tutorial.
- Miniature Bumble Bee Accessories: I picked up these adorable mini felt bees (and they are beyond cute, friends). You can also use a yellow pompom or make a felted bee like Holly shows in this tutorial here.
Instructions on How to Make Mini Gnomes with Beehive Hats
Below are the written and printable instructions for this adorable no sew gnome. If you are a visual learner, check out the full-length mini gnome tutorial with beehive hat here on YouTube. Psst: be sure to subscribe while you’re there – we have a lot of fun.
More Bee Gnome DIY Projects and Crafts You Might Like
- No Sew Bumblebee Gnome – When a little fella packs a this much punch, you a lot of fun squished into a small package.
- Elegant Bee Gnome Sewing Pattern – This tall, refined bee gnome is one of my favorites because of the little wings.
- Dollar Tree Beehive DIY from a Plant Pot – Using a planter from the dollar store, you can create any number of beehives for Spring decor.
- Wine Glass Beehive Display – Another way to bring a bit of Spring into your home is this fun wine glass tutorial.
Please Save or Share This Fun Gnome Craft
Thank you for joining me here today and sharing in the fun. Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely thankful. Please save this to a gnome pattern pin board or share it with a crafty group on Facebook.