Because readers asked for it, I came up with another fun bee gnome pattern. This is one fo the most popular gnome body styles and it’s honestly quite a lot of fun to put it together.
This easy gnome sewing pattern is perfect for beginners and is only a few pieces. You can opt to make it with or without arms, but those shimmering bee wings are a must!
Bee Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am bee-obsessed this year and I’m not the only one. A friend asked me to make them a farmhouse bee gnome and I couldn’t resist breaking out my favorite gnome sewing pattern.
You need some bee-themed fabric (everywhere in the craft stores), a few minutes, and this fun tutorial for bee wings.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
This bee gnome can be on your shelf or headed to a friend in about 30 minutes. So, if you’re ready to make a spring gnome that will create all the right buzz, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share It for Later
If you can’t start this guy right now, save this bee gnome DIY to a crafty gnomes pin board or share it to Facebook. Use the sharing buttons and it will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make this DIY Bee Gnome Sewing Pattern
- First off, you’ve got grab the super easy gnome pattern here for our Cozy Gnome that I used to make this elegant farmhouse bee gnomes. The pattern itself is simple and easy to understand, even for beginner sewists – although it’s fun for experts too. And, as a bonus, if you’d like to make gnomes without using scissors for all the heavy-lifting, or if you’re the type to make multiple gnomes at once, you can snag the Cozy Gnome pattern with cut files for Cricut or Silhouette here!
- If you don’t feel comfortable making a clay ball for your nose, like I did for this pattern, I have a little tip: wood beads like these. They make great gnome noses because they’re very consistent in shape and color – and make a perfect painting base if you want to change the shade at all.
- One of my favorite parts about making gnomes is the flowy, wonderfully squishy beard. In the case of an elegant gnome like this one, the beard is everything. But I know that for even a beginner, making that beautiful, lush beard can seen daunting – but it doesn’t have to be. All it takes is laying the fur face-down on a nice cutting surface and, with a razor blade or craft knife, cut your beard shape ONLY through the fabric backing. Then you just gently pull the cut piece away from the remainder piece. Then comb it out and glue it on!
Get the Pattern Here
Click below to add the gnome pattern to your cart. You’re going to have so much fun!
RELATED READING: DIY Dollar Tree Beehives – A Fun Bee Craft Idea
How to Make a Bee Gnome DIY
Below is the written tutorial for this sewn gnome and the bee wings. Leave this page open and craft along with the step by step instructions.
If you are a visual learner like I am, watch the bee gnome with wings video tutorial here on YouTube. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe – we have a lot of fun in the community.
More Spring Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Fun Standing Gnome Couple – They’re standing tall and have the cutest little curled hat – and they just want to be everything you need for farmhouse decor!
- Gnomes with Flower Pot Hats – SUPER easy gnome tutorial for a fun gnome with a flower pot on it’s head for a hat – perfect for Mother’s Day gifting.
- Mini Kissing Bee Gnome Pair – Smoochie smoochie buzz buzz buzz, these little mini-gnomes are the adorable pair you need in your farmhouse tiered tray!
Please Save or Share This Gnome Tutorial
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a spring or summer DIY pin board or share it with a crafty group on Facebook.