I’m Sarah. Let’s be friends and craft together while we ooh and ahh over cute things we and others whip up.
Note: if you need to contact me directly, please email me at Sarah @ RufflesandRainBoots.com
I have a big personality but I’m
short vertically challenged. See?
A Little About Me
- There’s a lot of education behind these eyes… I have a couple of degrees in business, am a self-taught designer, and now know more about editing a video than I ever imagined.
- Laughter is my love language. I still have my Texas twang and it makes me smile when it pops out unexpectedly.
- I love popcorn – a Nicholas Sparks meets Shakespeare kind of love: beautiful and tragic. Haha
- I am a creative gal. I get a new hobby every year to help keep me focused.
- I curl my eyelashes even though I don’t wear make up everyday. My “pretend loves” are Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Who, and action movies.
- I compartmentalize as easily as I breathe, so when others cry, I don’t. I’ll hold your hand while you have a good ugly cry, though. It’s my superpower.
Where You’ve Seen Us
Ruffles and Rain Boots has been featured all over the Internet throughout the years. A few favorite publishers who have loved and displayed my work:
- Parenting Magazine
- Reader’s Digest
- Red Tricyle
Where In the World Is…
We call Seattle our home now, but I’ve lived all over the country working for large, multi-national organizations. Currently, I’m working from the house on this site and others. I am so lucky to share a life with:
- Jeff, the husband extraordinaire,
- Elise, the now 9-year-old who might be the only kid in the world who loves to eat her vegetables (and sneak marshmallow building supplies), and our newest addition, Gizmo, an adorable, fuzzy little Havanese pup.
What I Do Here:
- I serve up tutorials for easy crafts with a side of fun.
- I love sharing things from around the web that inspire me or work me up into a creative frenzy.
- You can be inspired, have a chuckle, and leave knowing I won’t stop by unannounced. I was raised in the South, we give ya’ notice.
Some of My Favorite Things
- gnomes: friends, I make a LOT of them
- bath bombs: creativity + customization make my bath bomb recipes the best ;)
- cupcakes: the world’s most perfect dessert
- Mickey Ears and Minnie Ears: because you can hold the fun of the magic in your hands
Work With Me
As a seasoned influencer and savvy business woman, you might be interested in a partnership. If so, email me directly at Sarah@RufflesandRainBoots.com.
Please note that I am very deliberate in partner selection.