I’m Sarah. Let’s be friends and drink wine together while we talk in horribly fake accents and cover everything in glitter! Did I mention there will be wine?
I have a big personality but I’m
short vertically challenged. See?
Here’s a bit about me:
- Sarcasm and laughter are my love languages. I still have my Texas twang and it makes me smile when it pops out unexpectedly.
- I love popcorn – a Nicholas Sparks meets Shakespeare kind of love, ya’ll – beautiful and tragic.
- I am a creative gal – I get a new hobby every year to help keep me focused.
- I curl my eyelashes even though I don’t wear make up everyday. My pretend-loves are Sherlock, Dr. Who, and action movies.
- I compartmentalize as easily as I breathe, so when others cry, I don’t. I’ll hold your hand while you have a good ugly cry, though – it’s my superpower.
We call Seattle our home now, but I’ve lived all over the country working for large, multi-national organizations. Currently, I’m working from the house and share a life with:
- Jeff, the husband extraordinaire,
- Elise, the 6-year-old who might be the only kid in the world who loves to eat her vegetables (and sneak marshmallow building supplies), and
Why you should hang out with us here and subscribe to our weekly newsletter:
- We serve up tutorials for fun, easy crafts with a side of sarcasm.
- I love sharing things from around the web that inspire me or work me up into a creative frenzy.
- You can be inspired, have a chuckle, and leave knowing I won’t stop by unannounced. I was raised in the South, we give ya’ notice.
Some of my favorite things we’ve shared here on Ruffles and Rain Boots are:
Tutorial for Princess Anna Dress Up Costume
Tutorial for Mermaid Dress Up Apron Costume
Tutorial for a simple envelope style throw pillow cover.
A beginner sewing tutorial (with an easy, knit applique) for burp cloths for baby and new mom gifts.