As a rule, I don’t go out of my way to make every day special for my kids. LOL! That was the best lie EVER! I seriously try to make each day fun and one thing we did the other day was put together a quick and fun mini unicorn party for a playdate. Dude, when I busted out this unicorn popcorn, there were squeals.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, you’ll find a lot of unicorn content… Friends, it’s an insane amount unicorn crafts, food, and DIYs. Just type “unicorn” in the search box and prepare to be wowed (or overwhelmed). :)
Last week, we made this tasty unicorn popcorn as a movie night treat. And let me tell you, it tastes as magical as I imagine unicorn popcorn should. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Saving this for a unicorn party? Pin this to your favorite unicorn food ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this, the Best of Unicorn Food Ideas
- Make sure your popcorn is still warm and the chocolate isn’t too hot. It will shrink your popcorn. Make sure everything falls into the “warm” category and you’ll be fine.
- If you decide not to use candy melts but want to use regular chocolate, keep in mind that it’s will be a little more oily and can take longer to set.
- For maximum squeals, be generous with the sprinkles. Sprinkles maximize magic – it’s a scientific fact.
How Do I Make this Unicorn Popcorn?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a unicorn party ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our unicorn popcorn video tutorial.
- 5 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 ½ cups pink candy melts
- 1 ½ tsp coconut oil
- Colorful sprinkles
- Aqua-colored jelly beans
- Pink and red M&Ms
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spread out your popcorn on it.
- Place candy melts and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, until completely melted.
- Pour melted candy on top of popcorn. Mix until most of the popcorn is covered with the candy.
- Pour colorful sprinkles over the newly-coated popcorn and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and top with jelly beans and M&Ms. Serve in individual bowls
For more awesome unicorn party ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 1gSugar: 64gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. Please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Unicorn Party Ideas You Might Like
- DIY Unicorn Headband – A super fun party activity would be letting each kiddo make their very own unicorn horn. I am seriously considering this for our next birthday.
- Easy Unicorn Pin Board – If you’re wanting to make a unicorn-themed gift for your birthday girl, this is an awesome idea. And so simple, it can be made in just minutes!
- Free Printable Unicorn Party Game – Need a whole party for the group to play? Don’t worry, this is going to occupy them for a bit!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite unicorn party ideas board on Pinterest.