This DIY unicorn pin board is perfect for adding a little unicorn decor to an empty wall or locker. Grab some basic craft supplies and let’s get started!
DIY Unicorn Pin Board – A Fun Bulletin Board
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I like to share unicorn crafts – like a lot of unicorn crafts! They’re the favorite mythical creature around our house.
This adorable unicorn pin board is so easy to make and it’s super lightweight. That means it can be the perfect back to school unicorn craft for a locker note board! It’s also perfect to attach to a door to leave sweet notes for the unicorn fans in your life. Let’s make it together.
No Time to Read This? Pin it for Later!
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Considerations When Making a Unicorn Note Board
I’ve now made this pin board and a unicorn cork board and this is the easier of the two. The benefits of making this one are that it uses basic craft supplies you can get at a dollar store and it is very light weight.
The downside of making this one as opposed to the cork board is that this one will show holes a bit more than the cork. It’s perfect for a room accent with a little note like we show below, but repeated use will have it resembling Swiss cheese after a while.
How Do I Make a Unicorn Board? Watch This!
Let’s get started making these easy unicorn bookmarks. And if you’re making a unicorn crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our unicorn note board video tutorial.
- white craft foam core board
- white craft foam (about 1 cm thick)
- glitter foam sheets in gold and pink (or your choice)
- sequins, optional
- free printable template (click here to download)
- black marker
- craft knife
- craft glue (or hot glue gun and glue sticks)
- Print out the included template and trace it onto the foam core board and craft foam. Cut out both, using the craft knife for the foam core board. Be careful!
- Glue the craft foam on top of the foam core, lining them up.
- Trace the other components (hair and horn) onto the corresponding glitter foam sheets. Cut out and attach to the pin board.
- Use a black marker to highlight where indicated on the template (nose, mouth, muzzle, ear outline, and eye).
- If using, attach the sequins to the mane using glue. Your unicorn pin board is done!
For more unicorn crafts, food, and printables, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things fun)!
More Unicorn DIY Ideas
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love unicorns. We’ve shared a few things you might be interested in:
- Unicorn Party Game – A Printable Game and a Fun Roll-A-Cube
- Unicorn Hoop – Great for a Unicorn Lover’s Room or Party
- Printable Unicorn Mask – Fun as a Party Craft, Playdate, or Rainy Day
- Unicorn Rock Painting – This Is SO MUCH FUN to Make!
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share to Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.