Easy Patriotic Popcorn with a Surprise Pop!
This easy patriotic popcorn combines the fun of red, white, and blue food with a fun surprise that will pop your socks off! Make this for a fun 4th of July popcorn treat.
Easy Patriotic Popcorn
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s no secret I love popcorn. If you’re new here, a few of my favorites can be found below.
But for the upcoming holiday, this patriotic popcorn will pop their socks off! You guessed it, there’s a secret ingredient that everyone will ooh and ahh over: Pop Rocks. Let’s get started.
Want to Make This Later?
If you need to pick up the ingredients, raid the kid’s candy stash, or it’s the middle of December, pin this to your favorite treats board on Pinterest. It will be right here waiting for you when you’re ready to make this fun popcorn recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Patriotic Popcorn with a Punch!
Below is our easy recipe for this fun Independence Day popcorn that will wow kids of all ages. I’m merely a kid at heart and Pop Rocks popcorn sure puts a smile on my face.
How to Serve Popcorn at Parties
I know what you’re thinking: no one wants to stick their hands in a bowl of candy-coated popcorn. I get it. To make it a little more “party friendly,” try out one of these fun ways to serve popcorn at a party.
- This patriotic set would be so cute with this 4th of July popcorn recipe! Love the picks for instant decorations on top of the popcorn.
- These wrappers because they could match any party theme and well, easy is pretty awesome.
- Roll up paper cones using inexpensive scrapbook paper. We’ve done this and the kids love to turn them into trumpets.
- Set up a popcorn bar with small paper party favor bags like these.
- Use mini popcorn boxes (I made some 4th of July popcorn boxes and you can get them here for free).
- Turn any candied popcorn into bite-sized snacks like our 4th of July Popcorn Balls.
More Popcorn Recipes on Ruffles and Rain Boots
It’s a matter of fact: popcorn is just fun. Around here, we’ve come up with a few ways to make popcorn just a little sweeter. Here are a few more popcorn recipes:
- July 4th Popcorn Balls – Add a little love and mix-in some candy for a patriotic popcorn ball.
- Mermaid Popcorn – If you have a little mermaid in your life, wow her with this!
Get Creativity Delivered
Want creative inspiration delivered to your inbox weekly? Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots weekly newsletter here and get access to all content, printables, and freebies reserved for our email friends.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely thankful. Please consider sharing this in a group on Facebook or save it to a summer board on Pinterest.