Making this awesome rocky road popcorn with the kiddo was the perfect activity for a week off school. She and I love making gourmet popcorn and this was just the treat to hit the spot!
Rocky Road Popcorn
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we like to take the opportunity when it’s offered for us to spend quality time with the kiddo. And when she says we should make a snack together, well, being extra just kind of comes natural to me. So we make a gourmet popcorn snack like this rocky road popcorn which was totally worth the effort.
So good, this recipe is like a chocolate popcorn heaven you can just let melt in your mouth. If you’re ready to get a snack made that you’ll love with the little kiddo you love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Caramel Chocolate Popcorn
- Make sure your popcorn is still warm and the caramel isn’t too hot. It will shrink your popcorn. Make sure everything falls into the “warm” category and you’ll be fine.
- If you decide not to use candy melts but want to use regular chocolate, keep in mind that it’s will be a little more oily and can take longer to set.
- Don’t skimp on the chocolate. Or the marshmallows. Or the popcorn. Just make a second batch immediately, it’s so good.
How Do I Make this Rocky Road Popcorn?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Gormet Popcorn Recipes You Might Like
- S’mores Popcorn – You are going to love making this fun and easy s’mores popcorn recipe if you’re stuck inside and can’t have a campfire!
- Zombie Popcorn – For that time that there’s a spooky vibe, whether it’s zombie movie night or halloween, this is the perfect treat.
- Unicorn Popcorn – All the unicorns raise their horns and grab a bowl of this awesomely pink popcorn recipe.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy snack recipes board on Pinterest.