This adorable DIY unicorn headband is so much fun and is really easy to make. If you have a unicorn fan or are planning a unicorn party, it’s perfect!
DIY Unicorn Headband
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE to share unicorn crafts and fun. My daughter and I love to read stories about the mono-horned beauties and recently, we’ve been writing our own. They’re on stapled-together construction paper and we’re having such a great time.
It seems that each week, we’re doing a craft or making a gift for someone with a unicorn theme, so I know we’re not the only ones who adore them. Our latest unicorn project
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
How to Make Paper Flowers
You can buy paper or fabric flowers (click the supplies link below) or you can make them. My daughter and I followed this tutorial for paper carnations for a different project and it was very easy to follow. I like they would look perfect on a unicorn headband!
Tips for This Fun DIY Unicorn Party Favor Craft
If you happen to be making this for a unicorn party OR if you are making more than one, here are a few tips we wanted to share.
- Don’t make it! Put all the component into an organza bag and give it away as a unicorn party favor idea. Unicorn + Craft + At Someone Else’s House = Expert Level Party Planning
- If you have many to make, buy the flowers and cut pieces of marabou feathers in advance.
- Preassemble the components (horn and ears) to give them time to set.
How Do I Make a Unicorn Headband? Watch This!
Let’s get started making these easy unicorn bookmarks. And if you’re making a unicorn crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our baby unicorn headband video tutorial.
- hot glue gun and sticks
- glue stick (paper) or use above
- Print out the template and cut:
- horn from gold glitter card stock
- large ear piece from plain card stock
- small ear piece from coordinating glitter card stock
- Roll the horn into a cone shape and secure the back with hot glue. Glue the small ear pieces onto the larger ones with glue gun or glue stick.
- Slightly squish the horn and affix it to the headband with hot glue. Hold until you're sure it's on there for good.
- Glue the ears onto the headband (from behind).
- Glue a strip of marabou feathers across the front of the headband (should go from the outer edges, ear to ear)
- Add a flower to the center (covering the base of the horn) on top of the feathers.
If you have a unicorn party and are creating many of these, here are a few tips:
- make all cuts first (horns, both ear pieces, and feathers).
- glue together all horns, followed by ears.
- add horns to all headbands, allowing the glue to set on all.
- decorate in an assembly line fashion.
More Unicorn Crafts and Party Fun
If you’re interested in more unicorn fun, we have so many fun unicorn crafts and party ideas!
- Unicorn Hoop – Great for a Unicorn Lover’s Room or Party
- Printable Unicorn Mask – Fun as a Party Craft, Playdate, or Rainy Day
- Unicorn Rock Painting – This Is SO MUCH FUN to Make!
- Unicorn Themed Foods – Foods You Can Make for Any Unicorn Fan
Please Save This to Pinterest or Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Consider sharing this with friends on Facebook or saving to your favorite unicorn crafts board on Pinterest.