I love everything about this girl mermaid gnome. It’s one of the easiest DIY gnome tutorials and the result (a mermaid hat gnome) is just too cute!
Girl Mermaid Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little mermaid AND gnome obsessed. So, I thought…maybe I could bring those two lovely things together into a cute girl mermaid gnome? Maaaaybe? And YES! I did it. And, making this mermaid hat gnome was surprisingly easy.
It’s an easy mermaid sock gnome that anyone could do–even kids. But, I would like to note that if you do let the kids get involved, it’s a good idea to only use a low temp glue gun. Don’t want to burn little fingers. And the sewing will require some parental supervision, but still, very easy. If you’re ready to make a mermaid sock gnome for yourself, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gnome crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mermaid Hat gnome
- Be sure to use a soft sock for this mermaid hat gnome. A stiff sock will not make for the same round shape for the body. I like these fuzzy socks, because they’re really soft and they have a fun texture.
- If you want to turn this girl mermaid gnome into a guy mermaid gnome, just don’t do braids and put on a beard. Easy peasy!
- Click here to download the free printable pattern for this cute gnome hat mermaid!
How Do I Make this Girl Mermaid Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Bunny Gnome – If you’re into seriously cute gnomes, you need to check out this adorable gnome DIY.
- The Best Gnome Tutorials You Can Find – You won’t find a more comprehensive set of fun gnome tutorials for all sorts of holidays, seasons, and just for fun!
- Viking Gnome – Yes, yes, you too can make a viking gnome. So cool. And way more fun than just a plain ‘ole gnome,
- Love-Bug Gnomes – If you’re into cute DIY gnome crafts, these little love-bugs are just about the sweetest you’ll find!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY gnome crafts board on Pinterest.