This Bee Book Stack is the Perfect Bee Themed Craft
This bee book stack is a Spring Dollar Tree DIY that will work all the way through summer. Using a few easy to find Dollar Tree Crafter’s Square supplies, you will create a bright, detailed, and downright adorable trendy decor piece.
In this tutorial, I will share how to prep the wood and give you options for both Cricut or Silhouette cutting machines and those who prefer to do things by hand. Let’s get started – this is a fun afternoon craft idea.
RELATED READING: Make an Elegant Bee Gnome (Check out those wings)!
Bee Book Stack
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love to create and am often found in my (very, very messy) craft room. There is a reason I’ve never shown my craft room in this space. My space is not “video worthy” because I am the world’s messiest crafter, however, it’s 100% set up to create.
Today I found a bottle of yellow paint my daughter had left open and, because I was putting away some Dollar Tree supplies, this Spring book bee craft idea was born. It’s easy whether you want to use a cutting machine or not – you’re going to love the end result!
RELATED READING: Dollar Tree Beehives – These are SO Fun!
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share It for Later
If you need to gather supplies, save this to a Spring or Summer crafts pin board or share it to Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
More Book Stack Ideas
- St Patrick’s Day Book Stack Idea – Let the colorful shenanigans begin with this easy farmhouse craft.
- Christmas Book Stack – Using these same blocks, make this rustic book stack with a holiday twist.
- Valentine’s Day Book Stack – It’s sweet, it’s stamped, and it’s a perfect addition to a love-themed display.
- Fall Book Stack Craft – Using books from the Dollar Tree or thrift store, make this fall themed book stack in just minutes.
- Decorative Book Stacks for Year Round – I love Randi’s approach to these book stacks inspired by Rae Dunn.
Tips for Making This a Dollar Tree Book Stack
- If you don’t like the ribbon and twine, make this craft your own and change things up to match your home decor. I think this would be cute with painted black, fuzzy bumblebee lines along that side, too.
- Book stacks can be made using Dollar Tree Crafter’s Square crates (the one with the closed sides), books from the thrift store, or wood blocks as I’m showing here. Use what you have on hand.
- I share a few ways to make this with or without a cutting machine, but remember: stamped book stacks are adorable, too. I love them, especially when they are ‘messy’ stamped (can see the inked edges of the stamps).
- Book stacks are great for lower shelves of tiered trays or tucked into bookcases. Whether seasonal or year-round, they make fun additions to any decor.
- If you like to DIY with your hands, you can make a gorgeous set of these DIY mini bee gnomes (look at those adorable wings).
- When you’re at the craft store, look around for a miniature bee hive to pop on top (or make a Dollar Tree beehive like this one).
Ready to Make This Farmhouse Craft for Spring or Summer?
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this easy spring or summer book stack idea. If you’re using a Cricut or other cutting machine, be sure to download the free SVG before you begin.
Leave this page open while you craft. If you have any questions, use the comments section below.
More Fun Bee Crafts To Make
- Bee No-Sew Gnome Pattern – An adorable way to craft without having to actually sew, this is one of my favorite patterns to add to spring decor.
- Easy and Fun Dollar Tree Beehives – This craft is perfect for a farmhouse theme – and they take almost no time at all to make.
- Quick Bee Mini-Canvas – This Cricut craft is done in a few minutes and has a free bee SVG.
Please Save or Share These Farmhouse Books
Your shares are how this site grows and I am forever grateful. Know someone else who’d like this? Please save it to a DIY decor pin board or share it to a Facebook group.