This Bee Book Stack is the perfect Cricut craft! Perfect for spring and summer decor or a super cool DIY gift for family and friends.
If you’re looking for a super fun bee-themed craft, you’re not going to want to miss out on this. It’s fun, easy, and certain to “bee” perfect! I love making anything that is all about bees!
Bee Book Stack
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love to create. I’m 100% down to make anything homemade because my brain loves to create. I could literally spend all day crafting or baking and I think my daughter agrees!
You’re going to love the end result of this fun bee craft.
This craft is easy to do and results in an adorable home decor item. It’s also a great housewarming gift or can even be a super fun baby shower decoration, too. This bee craft really is versatile in how you can use it!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Feeling strained for time right now? Pin this to your favorite Cricut craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for Making This Bee Themed Craft
- Even though the instructions are provided, have fun with it! You can easily change up the color scheme and have it match your home decor. Don’t like sunflowers? No biggie – daisies would look cute, too. No buffalo check ribbon? Go with straight black instead. The sky is the limit!
- Let the kids join in on the fun! This is one craft that they can “bee” proud of as well. (Are you tired of the bee puns yet?! Maybe I’ll “buzz” off then. LOL!)
- Use this as a fun way to brighten up a room or welcome in spring or summer in combination with a set of mini kissing bee gnomes. Book stacks make perfect little risers for gnomes.
Ready to make this bee farmhouse craft?
All you have to do is follow the simple directions below!
- 3 Wood Blocks 5”x3”x1”
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- 1” Wired Buffalo Check Ribbon
- Jute String
- Sunflower Pick
- Cricut Black Permanent Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Bee Button
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun (can substitute with E6000 Glue)
- Silicone Finger Tips, optional
- Wire Cutters
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Cricut Light Grip Mat
- Cricut Vinyl Weeding Tool
- Cricut Scraper / Burnishing Tool
- Using a sponge brush, paint the wood blocks then allow them to dry completely. Add a second coat, if necessary.
- Hot glue the blocks together and line up the edges quickly. Set aside.
- Make three different text boxes in Cricut Design Space. Put one word in each box. Choose the font that you like and then resize the text to less than 1 inch so it will fit on a block edge.
- Line up the words how you want them to look on the "book spines". Add binding around the words with the square shape tool. Put the box later under all the word layers. Resize the box shape to fit the words closely so you don't waste vinyl. Attach the layers.
- Place the vinyl on the light grip mat and load the mat into the machine. Push the "make it" button in your Design Space. Identify the material type as "vinyl".
- You'll notice that the "prepare" screen appears. This will allow you to move the design to the place that you want it on the cutting mat. Once satisfied, click "continue" and press the "cut" button on the machine.
- Once the vinyl is cut, press the "load" button remove the mat, then use your weeding tool to weed the extraneous vinyl from your design.
- Cut three strips of transfer tape a bit larger than the words. Remove the backing of the tape and place a strip over one word. Rub the burnishing tool over the vinyl words to stick the vinyl to the tape. Continue this process for the other words.
- Line the words up on the side of the wooden blocks. Use the burnishing tool to rub the vinyl onto the sides of the wood. Remove the tape slowly. This should leave the vinyl on the wood.
- Wrap the ribbon around the blocks. Make certain that you have the ribbon ends starting and finishing on the top of the wood block. Hot glue the ribbon in place.
- Wrap the Jute string around the blocks three times in the center of the ribbon. Start the string at the top as well and secure with hot glue. When you wrap one side with the Jute string, the block is going to be slight crooked when sitting. You can just add a 1/2 loop of Jute string to the other side on the bottom to help it level out.
- Cut one of the sunflowers from the flowers and glue the stem to the ribbon and string. Use the leaves to cover up glued ends of the string as well.
- Hot glue the bee button to the front of the blocks then display your book stack!
For more fun bee crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Fun Bee Crafts To Make
- Bee No-Sew Gnome Pattern – An adorable way to craft without having to actually sew, this is one of my favorite patterns.
- Easy and Fun DIY Bee Hives – This craft is perfect for a farmhouse theme – and they take almost no time at all to make.
- Quick Bee Mini-Canvas – Perfect for adding a special touch to your wall decor in just a few minutes!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am forever grateful. Know someone else who’d like this? Please share to Facebook or pin to your favorite easy crafts board on Pinterest. I so appreciate it!