You cannot beelieve (ha!) how fun this adorable bee mini-canvas with Cricut Joy is to put together. It’s so simple–and the free cut file for Cricut or Silhouette is so cute!
Bee Mini-Canvas with Cricut Joy
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have been feeling a little buzzy lately. Flowers and gardens are growing–the heat isn’t too intolerable yet. Basically, this is the best part of the year for me. So, of course when a friend offered to let me take her Cricut Joy for a spin, I immediately thought “well, yes, please, I need a spring bee craft!” Thus the bee mini-canvas with Cricut Joy was born. Super fast, fun and kind of silly, it’s exactly what I needed for a farmhouse tray filler!
And let me tell you, this was a FAST craft. Done in less than 10 minutes, I was almost left with the feeling of “what now?!” But then I remembered that the kid is home and constantly wants snacks, so the answer was obvious: “back to adulting”. HA! If you’re ready to take a break from being an adult and have fun making a little spring craft with the Cricut Joy–or any Cricut cutting machine or Silhouette for that matter, let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Cricut or Silhouette crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Bee Farmhouse Tray Filler Craft
- Start by grabbing the adorable bee happy bee cut file for Cricut or Silhouette here. You are going to love this free cut file with the bee–and you can absolutely add more text, if you want, but I was working with someone else’s Cricut Joy and even using a bit of their vinyl, so I was trying to be thrifty. Worked out perfectly!
- If you don’t have a Cricut Joy, don’t panic. Seriously. You can still make this fun summer bee craft without the Joy–it will work for any cutting machine. Heck, you can even cut it out by hand using the PNG file in the set as a template! Just get creative!
- I used permanent vinyl for this particular project even though I almost never do, because, again, I was using someone else’s supplies, so I was not being choosy. But the honest truth is that it worked like a charm. I usually do larger projects where having heat transfer vinyl is easier, in my opinion, but this project was perfect for permanent vinyl.
- You can grab one of the mini canvases here, if you’re not sure where to get them. I see them at the craft store all the time, though. So, you should be able to find one if you want to do a mini-art piece like mine.
How Do I Make this Bee Mini-Canvas with Cricut Joy?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun Farmhouse Crafts You Might Like
- Farmhouse Sock Gnomes with Boots – I can’t tell you how perfect these little farmhouse sock gnomes with boots are–they’re perfect as a farmhouse tray filler!
- Farmhouse Beads for Every Occasion – If you are putting together a farmhouse tray, wooden beads are a must. And when you get them all dolled-up for an occasion?! Ooooh, boy!
- Farmhouse Tray Riser DIY – This little riser tray is the basic step 1 you need to make a farmhouse display for fun things in your entryway.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY craft ideas board on Pinterest.