This easy Dollar Tree Valentines book stack is a fun farmhouse book stack for Valentines that you can make in minutes – and you’ll really love!
Dollar Tree Valentines Book Stack
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about that easy Valentines craft this year. Something super fast and fun that can be made and added to my Valentines farmhouse decor without too much effort just sings to me. So, I broke out a Dollar Tree book stack craft I made for the fall and turned it on it’s head to make a Valentines version!
It’s a really fast craft you can make in stages, if you want, or knock it out in just a few mintues if you have the time, this Valentines book stack is so fun and adds the perfect touch of hugs and kisses to your entry table or Valentines display. So, grab a paintbrush and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Farmhouse Book Stack for Valentines
- No matter what you do, take the time to let your white paint dry completely before adding the stamped lettering or before you even glue the books together. Not only will the stamps not set on wet paint but also the glue won’t hold.
- Of course, you can grab a few hardcover books at your dollar store or even at the thrift store for your farmhouse book stack. But, if I have the chance, I’m all about repurposing stuff I already have in my house that isn’t being used. So before I reach to buy a book at the store, I try to remember if I have a book or two on the shelf at home that might work.
- If you’d like to cheat a little and skip using an actual set of books, grab these premade wood blocks here that are the absolute perfect size and shape of a book to make your book stack. This is the best cheat for making book stacks ever.
How Do I Make this Valentines Book Stack?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 Hardcover Books
- Silk Flowers in Pink and Red
- Ribbon in Pink Grosgrain and Black Gingham
- Craft Paint in White, Ivory, Light Grey
- Small Shipping Tag
- Alphabet Stamps – Upper and Lower Case
- Ink Pad, Black
- Marker - Red
- Wire Cutters
- Remove the dust covers on any of your books and discard. Paint each book with white and ivory paints combined. This should be rough and slightly uneven to allow the dark hardcover to show through a bit. Allow this coat of paint to dry completely.
- Dry brush the books with the grey paint and allow this coat of paint to dry completely.
- Find the letters for "hugs and kisses" in your stamp set. Double-dip the rubber stamps in the ink pad, then apply the letters to the lefthand side of the book spines. It is ok if the lettering is slightly off-kilter and uneven as this will add farmhouse charm to the finished project.
- Hand letter "xoxoxo" onto the white shipping tag with the red marker, then wrap the ribbons around the stacked books, tying them into a bow with the tag showing.
- Cut the ends of the bow ribbons with a notch to reduce fraying.
- Use the wire cutters to trim off the stems of the faux flowers and tuck the flowers under the ribbons, to finish the look. Then display!
For more fun Dollar Tree crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Dollar Tree Book Stack Crafts You Might Like
- Farmhouse Gnome Book Stack Stand – Easy, quick and very generic so that you don’t have to keep changing out your book stack display for every season, if you don’t want to.
- Christmas Farmhouse Gnome Book Stack – Made for the holidays, this is one of those cute book stacks you don’t want to miss!
- Dollar Tree Fall Book Stack – Fall is in the air and this book stack displays the lovely colors of the changing fall leaves and cheery sentiment.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest.