I started to fall in love with bee crafts late last year and this spring I decided to make DIY bee hives for my farmhouse tiered tray!
DIY Bee Hives
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have always had a wee bit of an obsession with bees. But it wasn’t until last year, toward the end of the fall, that I decided to dip my toes into bee crafts. Once I made the first, I was hooked, but the season wasn’t quite right. Recently, with the coming of spring, though, the bee-making-party has begun!
I have made a handful of fun bee-related crafts, but this one? My little DIY bee hives? Perfect in every way. So, if you’re ready to make your own tiny home for bees. let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a DIY Bees keep
- Work slowly, taking the time to press the twine together and hold it in place until the glue cools to close any gaps between each layer. This may put your fingers in danger of coming into contact with the hot glue. So, for this project (and loads of others on which I have burned my fingers sooo badly), I strongly recommend a set of little finger guards like these – they’re invaluable for anyone who may or may not be a little prone to hot glue owies.
- The best part of this fun DIY bees keep, for me, is the ridiculously cute little bees I found. But, I am told by a friend that her Dollar Tree didn’t have them. So sad, but that’s ok, because I found her a set of itty bitty bees AND ladybugs here that are so funtastic I am a little jealous.
- One thing I wish I had done, but obviously did not, was make a little honey dribbling out of the bee hive’s entry. I ran out and didn’t want to wait for the delivery, but I plan to do this. I like to use this yellow hot glue. It makes the nicest little dribble and adds a touch of whimsy that you just want to taste!
How Do I Make DIY Beehives?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Bee Crafts You Might Like
- Mini Bee Canvas Cricut Joy Craft – One of the first bee crafts I made and so cute, simple and fun, I just love seeing it all the time paired with my farmhouse decor – so adorable!
- The Best Bee Cut Files for Digital Crafting – Once I made that first bee craft, I got a, well, a bee up my bonnet and made a ton of cut files to make some of the most fun digital crafts with!
- Winnie the Pooh Hot Cocoa Bombs – Honey, bears and bees make the cutest and most fun little hot cocoa bombs you’ll ever enjoy!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dollar store crafts board on Pinterest.