I am all about coming up with simple tutorials for how to make a gnome, but this sock gnome holding a coffee cup is just the BEES KNEES! He’s so cute and ready to sip some fun!
How to Make a Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am in love with this little gnome. Not only is he speaking my “love language” with his little coffee, but he was SUPER fast to make.
If you’re ready to learn how to make a gnome, this is a great tutorial to start with. I would advise you to read through this short set of frequently asked questions when making sock gnomes (it will open in a new window so you won’t lose this tutorial). ;)
If you’re a gnome-pro, this is an easy gnome tutorial and you’ll learn how to make a coffee cup for your gnome. With that said, grab your hot glue gun and let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips When Learning How to Make Gnomes
- Start with an insanely fluffy sock. Regular socks are fine and you can use them, but you know those crazy socks that are insanely fluffy and have a sherpa-style lining? Those are the best for this gnome. Click here to grab some like mine.
- I like to make my gnome beards from the nicer faux fabric furs that come on the big rolls at the craft store, as opposed to the sheets of felt you can pick up the crafting section. My favorite is the Mongolian fur that I used on this gnome (and a lot of others). So, click here to get a little Mongolian fur, if you want to get that same “greying” look that really adds a quality touch.
- If you’ve never cut faux fur or craft fur before, be sure to check out my video on how to cut faux fur the right way. It’s short, to the point, and frankly, it’s perfect for anytime you want to cut faux fur (not just for gnomes). While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to my channel.
How Do I Make this Sock Gnome Holding a Coffee Cup?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making him and are a visual learner, be sure to check out the full video tutorial for this gnome with coffee here.
More Tutorials for How to Make a Gnome You Might Like
- DIY Farmhouse Gnome – Literally the most popular farmhouse gnome tutorial on the internet (mine anyway, that is), this gnome is so adorable, it’s been shared and shared and SHARED! You have to check it out.
- 5-Minute Upcycled Sweater Hat Gnome – This is the quickest gnome ever. Seriously, you just dump the filler, glue on a nose and beard–then you’re done!
- “Home” Interchangeable Seasonal Sign with Gnomes – Oh, how I love this easy seasonal interchangeable sign. Simple, fun and sooooo cool!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY ideas board on Pinterest.