If you love farmhouse Christmas ornaments, this easy snow globe ornament dollar store craft is so quick and adorable, you’d be crazy not to make it!
Snow Globe Ornament Dollar Store Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore making ornaments for our farmhouse Christmas tree. I mean, it’s just so fun to spend time with the kiddo coming up with something easy and cool that she’s proud to have put on the tree. Then pull them out year after year. Handmade heirloom ornaments–that also happen to fit with my whole farmhouse theme, you know.
And over the weekend, we had a few minutes, were driving past the dollar store and inspiration struck. Well, I guess you could say it struck when we were inside the store, but you know what I mean. So, if you’re ready to make your own DIY snow globe ornament for Christmas, grab your hot glue gun and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this dollar store craft
- If you can’t find a snow globe ornament at the dollar store, don’t overthink this. You can grab a jar or even upcycle a jar and just glue an ornament holder to the bottom.
- They don’t carry them at the dollar store (or at least, I didn’t see them at my store) but you can get tiny reindeer to pop into the jar, too, if you want. I found the adorable mini-reindeer here.
- If you can’t find bottle brush trees that have the little flocking on them, you can do that by just dry brushing them with a little white craft paint. Just be sure to let the paint dry before you try to handle them because it’ll get EVERYWHERE.
How Do I Make this Snow Globe Ornament?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Empty snow globe ornament
- Cotton balls
- Mini bottle-brush trees
- Glitter snow flakes
- Jute twine
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Wire cutters
- Cut two of the bottle brush trees to different heights with the wire cutters, so they're not all exactly the same.
- Remove the lid from snow globe ornament.
- Glue the cotton ball to lid on the inside, spread out a little to make snow.
- Glue the three trees in various places around the snow.
- Pour about a tablespoon of glitter snow flakes inside jar part of the snow globe ornament.
- When the glue is dry on your trees, flip the lid and put it on the snow globe ornament.
- Cut two 3-4 inch squares from the burlap fabric.
- Glue the two burlap squares to the lid of the ornament, overlapping.
- Tie a length of twine around the burlap and tie with a bow.
For more fun dollar store crafts for Christmas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Dollar Store Crafts for Christmas You Might Like
- Dollar Store Gnome Wreath – If you love fast and easy crafts made with things you can find at the dollar store, well, this one is adorable in so many ways.
- Candle Holder Upcycle – I love taking a few things and turning them into something glamorous.
- Gorgeous Dollar Store Christmas Wreath – Something old mixed with a few things from the dollar store and WOW for the front door!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.