You will not believe how easy it is to make this recycled wine cork shamrock craft. You just need some simple supplies, and a few wine corks and you will have the cutest cork clover addition to your St. Patty’s Day decor ever.
It’s funny to me that I used to drink a bit of wine to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, but now I am collecting wine corks for crafts to make this fast, easy, and unique project. This is upcycling at its finest!
RELATED READING: Learn How to Paint a Buffalo Check Shamrock (Easy Way)
What You'll Find On This Page
Recycled Shamrock Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are crazy about making crafts. And if any of the supplies are from upcycled materials, that makes the project even more special.
Since becoming an avid crafter, I seem to hang onto some of the most curious items. Who knew a wine bottle or the cork that goes in it could be useful down the road? You could make so many DIY wine cork crafts, it’s crazy.
We had so much fun making this upcycled project. I love that you can make two completely different wine cork shamrocks by changing just a few steps. I honestly cannot decide if I like my shamrock painted or left natural. They are both so cute!
RELATED READING: DIY Cork Bunny Craft – Painted or Unpainted Decor
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
Do you need to visit a few friends to collect some wine corks for your St. Patrick’s Day craft project? No worries! Just save this Recycled Wine Cork Shamrock Craft to a favorite holiday craft pin board or share it on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making Your Recycled Craft Project
- If the smell of the corks bothers you, spritz them with some white vinegar and leave them to sit in the sun for about 30 minutes. This should take care of any odors and you wi be ready for your ideas for cork crafts.
- If you need to cut the corks, use a heavy-duty crafting knife. Be careful using this knife as they tend to be quite sharp. This comes in handy if making wine cork coasters too.
- When gluing the corks, use a glue stick that is labeled as a strong bond. Because the surface of the corks is a tad slick, you need strong glue to bond them together.
RELATED READING: Get All of These St Patrick’s Day SVG Files for FREE!
Here are the Supplies For This Cork Shamrock Craft
- Recycled Wine Corks
- Light Green, Medium Green, and Dark Green Acrylic Craft Paints
- Grosgrain Ribbons in Rainbow and Gingham Patterns
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Each step for this St. Patty’s Day craft is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your easy St. Patricks Day craft. If you would rather have a printed how-to, just scroll down and select the print button.
Lay out 12 corks, making a heart shape. Glue together.
Using 24 corks, repeat the first 2 steps, creating two additional cork hearts.
Using the glue gun, attach the three cork hearts together at the base of each heart. Make a stem.
Paint the corks using dark, medium, and light green paints.
Make a ribbon bow.
Glue the ribbon bow to the middle of the shamrock.
Allow to dry and display.
Notes for Making This Upcycled Cork Craft
- If you are going to paint the tops of the wine corks, because they are porous, they may need to paint 2-3 coats, depending on the depth of color you want.
- If you want to hang the Wine Cork Shamrock craft, turn it over to the back, and using your hot glue gun, attach a length of twine or ribbon.
- To make a fuller bow, choose a wired ribbon to work with.
More Crafts and Recipes You May Like
- These Easy Rainbow Pinwheel Sandwiches Make a Great Lunch! Making these rainbow pinwheel sandwiches was a stroke of genius the other day! It’s a great way to get the kid to eat veggies and clean out the fridge.
- Make These Adorable Rainbow Cupcakes Super Quick! I love how fun these Rainbow Cupcakes turned out–but the best part is that the kid and I made these in just a few minutes!
- Rainbow Cow Mason Jars Craft Idea — NO PAINTING! I found these rainbow napkins and became obsessed with the idea of making rainbow cow mason jars. And they’re SO EASY to make–no painting required!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this St. Patrick’s Day craft to one of your holiday craft pin boards or share it on Facebook.