Making these rainbow pinwheel sandwiches was a stroke of genius the other day! It’s a great way to get the kid eating veggies and clean-out the fridge.
Rainbow Pinwheel Sandwiches
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore having a fun tasty lunch. But lately the ideas have been…dry. And the kiddo has decided not to have a taste for veggies as a result. It’s become, well, un-inspired. So, I got a crazy wild idea to use up some vegetables we’d forgotten in the fridge (they were still good–just needed to be used). And we were off!
The best part about these rainbow pinwheel sandwiches was the cucumber. I don’t know why, but they were crisp and juicy at the same time–and combined with the cheese and bell pepper…it’s got my mouth watering again. If you’re ready to make an awesome rainbow rollup sandwich, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy lunch ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Rainbow Rollup Sandwiches
- Get the kids involved. There’s nothing that works better to get kiddos to eat their lunch than to get them involved in the kitchen making said lunch. They’ll have pride of ownership, they’ll have the smells swirling around them–and they’ll know exactly what’s in their sandwich. Trust me, this trick works.
- If you want to make these pinwheel sandwiches so much more your own creation, you can add anything you’d like. Sometimes I like to sneak in some black olives or even some pepperoni. But the thing is–these are your sandwiches. So make them your own!
- Want to amp-up your rainbow pinwheel sandwich experience? Grab a little bowl of salsa and dip away! I love adding salsa to sandwiches. Sounds crazy, but it really is good, good, good!
How Do I Make Rainbow Pinwheel Sandwiches?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Pinwheel Sandwiches You Might Like
- Pizza Pinwheel Rollups – I adore this awesome recipe for a pizza rollup! We make it at least once a month and the kiddo always eats so much, there’s never leftovers.
- Pinwheel Cupcakes – Cupcakes with a pinwheel? I’m in. You had me at cupcakes–but the pinwheel is just the spinny wonderful touch on top.
- Cheeseburger Pinwheel Rolls – Yum is the definition of this simple rollup sandwich. And if you try to take one from my kiddo’s plate, she’ll cut you. With a butter knife, but still…LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy lunch ideas for kids board on Pinterest.