Making these rainbow pinwheel sandwiches was a stroke of genius the other day! It’s a great way to get the kid eating veggies and clean-out the fridge.
These vegetable tortilla roll ups were so well-received by everyone and they’re going into our lunch rotation. Scroll down for this easy lunch idea.
Rainbow Pinwheel Sandwiches
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love bringing tortilla roll up recipes to you (and you all have loved so many of them). Today, I got a crazy idea to use up some vegetables we’d forgotten in the fridge (they were still good–just needed to be used) and see if the little one gobbled them up.
The best part about these rainbow pinwheel sandwiches was the cucumber. I don’t know why, but they were crisp and juicy at the same time. Combined with the cheese and bell pepper, these are definitely on our “make again” list.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Save this to an easy lunch ideas pin board or share it on Facebook. Either will make it easy to find when you’re ready to make these yummy roll ups.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
RELATED READING: Club Sandwich Pinwheels – Perfect for a Hot Day
Tips to Make Rainbow Roll Up Sandwiches
- Get the kids involved. There’s nothing that works better to get kiddos to eat their lunch than to get them involved in the kitchen making said lunch. They’ll have pride of ownership, they’ll have the smells swirling around them–and they’ll know exactly what’s in their sandwich. Trust me, this trick works.
- If you want to make these pinwheel sandwiches so much more your own creation, you can add anything you’d like. Sometimes I like to sneak in some black olives or even some pepperoni. But the thing is–these are your sandwiches. So make them your own!
- Want to amp-up your rainbow pinwheel sandwich experience? Grab a little bowl of salsa and dip away! I love adding salsa to sandwiches. Sounds crazy, but it really is good, good, good!
RELATED READING: Easy Rainbow Popcorn Recipe – A Great Snack or Dessert
How to Make Rainbow Pinwheel Sandwiches
Below is the ridiculously easy recipe for these veggie filled tortilla roll ups. Let me know if your little ones liked them as much as mine.
More Pinwheel Sandwiches You Might Like
- Pizza Pinwheel Rollups – I adore this awesome recipe for a pizza rollup! We make it at least once a month and the kiddo always eats so much, there’s never leftovers.
- Pinwheel Cupcakes – Cupcakes with a pinwheel? I’m in. You had me at cupcakes–but the pinwheel is just the spinny wonderful touch on top.
- Cheeseburger Pinwheel Rolls – Yum is the definition of this simple rollup sandwich. And if you try to take one from my kiddo’s plate, she’ll cut you. With a butter knife, but still…LOL!
Please Save or Share This Easy Lunch Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy lunch ideas for kids pin board.