Don’t miss out on these Minnie Ears Ariel Cupcakes! They’re the perfect addition to any birthday party celebration. (or great to make and snack!) Handheld without the need to share!
There’s a reason that cupcakes are perfect and it’s because they’re easy to hold and eat. Give everyone their own mermaid cupcakes to enjoy.
Minnie Ears Ariel Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m all about easy and delicious desserts. My kiddo and I have never found a cupcake recipe or a dessert that we haven’t fallen in love with and this simple dessert recipe is no exception. You’re going to love the look and flavor of these cupcakes!
This recipe is easy and creative and really fun to do together. Baking time is great for bonding time! We’ve literally made these so many times and they’re perfection every single time. I can’t wait to make them all again!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
I get it, you’re probably busy right now. Pin this to your favorite dessert or recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips for making these Mermaid Party Cupcakes
- I like to start with my Lazy Girl Cupcake recipe. It’s simple, easy and fun to make. Plus, I have yet to screw it up once, even though I’ve made a million batches of cupcakes with it! Love a good no-fail cupcake recipe.
- These cupcakes are super fun to decorate so let the kids join in on the fun. It’s totally fine if each cupcake turns out differently because that’s how homemade goodies sometimes turn out.
- You can use this cupcake recipe for a fun birthday party theme or just as a delicious weekend treat. Perfect for a Little Mermaid movie night, too.
- You can totally use your own favorite frosting recipe or buy it from the store. You do you and keep it as simple as you want! I did, however, include a buttercream in the recipe below that is my absolute favorite – so creamy and delicious.
How do I make these mermaid cupcakes?
I’m so glad you want to know! Find the full recipe below!
- 1 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
Fondant Ears and bow:
- 1 package of purple fondant
- 1 package of green fondant
- 1 can of silver cake spray
Mermaid Sprinkle Mix
- 1 package Lime Green Wilton Mixed Sprinkles
- 1 package Blue Wilton Mixed Sprinkles
- 1 package mermaid tail sprinkles
- 1 purple jumbo nonpareils sprinkles
- Start by making fondant ears and bow by lightly coat your cutting board with powdered sugar. Roll out green fondant to about 1/4 inch thick and cut 48 2-inch diameter circles.
- Work the purple fondant into a ball then pinch off about 1 tsp fondant and press into a large bow mold. Make a total of 22 bows. Allow all of the fondant creations to dry overnight.
- The next day, place the mermaid stencil on the top of two of the green fondant circles and spray the silver spray on top to give the ears a mermaid scale effect. Repeat until all the green circles are sprayed. Set the ears aside to dry.
- Make the cupcakes and allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting them.
- To make the frosting, mix the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and mix on medium speed until smooth. Place 1 cup of the frosting into a frosting bag.
- Mix all the sprinkles together in one bowl.
- Put a small amount of frosting on top of each cupcake and spread it out with a butterknife.
- Dip the frosted cupcakes into the mixed sprinkle bowl and cover the frosting in the sprinkles.
- Place a fair sized dollop of frosting into the center of the cupcake, topped with a purple bow.
- Place two mermaid "ears" on each side of the bow then slip a mini fork in the front of the bow and enjoy!
For more fun cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 58gProtein: 4g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Minnie Mouse Cupcakes To Make
- Nightmare Before Christmas Minnie Cupcakes – The perfect cupcakes for Halloween!
- Day of the Dead Minnie Cupcakes – These are beautiful and lovely and I just LOVE staring at them!
- Christmas Minnie Cupcakes – Perfect dessert to have for Christmas to share with family and friends!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am forever grateful. Know someone else who’d like this? Please share to Facebook or pin to your favorite dessert board on Pinterest. So appreciate it!