These Little Mermaid cupcakes are absolutely perfect for a mermaid party, Disney Princess party, or just because your little ones happen to love Ariel. These look complicated, but the candy mermaid tail is quick and easy!
Little Mermaid Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love having fun creating Disney Princess crafts and food ideas. If you’re new here, we’ve made nearly all the Disney Princess bath bombs we can think of and my daughter LOVES playing princess dress-up with our rainbow mermaid dress up apron.
All of this is to say, we’re focusing on our party treats now (like these Snow White cupcakes) and they are what inspired us to make these Little Mermaid cupcakes! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Need to pick up the mold? Pin this to your favorite Little Mermaid party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Little Mermaid Party Idea
- The mermaid tail silicone mold is SO EASY to use! We used it to make these adorable mermaid tail lollipops–and, then, of course, these Little Mermaid cupcakes. I just love it!
- Be sure to start with these super easy Lazy Girl Cupcake recipe–it’s our go-to for every cupcake ever.
- If you want to add a little more pop to your little mermaid party, you can make these awesome mermaid bath bombs to pass out as favors!
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
How Do I Make Little Mermaid Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, please leave a comment.
- [6 Prepared Cupcakes in purple liners (we used our Lazy Girl's vanilla cupcake recipe)
- 1 Cup Green Candy Melts
- 1 Can Frosting (red)
- Mermaid Tail Silicone Mold (we love this one)
- Melt candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, according to package directions.
- Pour a small amount of the candy melts into each mermaid tail mold, then spread gently with a butter knife to remove any excess.
- Allow mermaid tails to set in the refrigerator for 20 mintues.
- Carefully remove each tail from the mold. To do this, you can gently pull and stretch the sides of the mold to loosen the chocolate. If any of the mermaid tails break, use the leftover melted chocolate to “glue” the pieces back together or just repeat steps 1-3 until you're satisfied.
- Place frosting into a decorator's piping bag with a round decorating tip (or a plastic baggie and snip the corner). Pipe frosting onto each cupcake then place a tail in the center. Serve and enjoy!
For more fun mermaid party ideas, be sure to visit RufflesandRainboots.com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 212 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Little Mermaid Party Ideas You Might Like
- Mermaid Lollipops – Need a quite mermaid party favor? These mermaid tail lollipops are ONE ingredient and can be customized for any party. Also, it uses the same mermaid mold so it’s something you’ll already have on hand.
- Mermaid Toast – Wake up your little birthday princess with a fun breakfast themed around her splashiest princess-pal!
- Mermaid Bath Bombs – If your little mermaid loves to play in the bath as mine does, these mermaid bath fizzies are perfect gifts–or for any ‘ole day.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Little Mermaid party ideas board on Pinterest.