These easy mermaid cupcakes are so spectacularly over the top, they’re so fun to make. But they’re so easy, the kiddo was involved the whole way!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a tendency to make all sorts of fun and easy cupcake decorating ideas, but the best ones are always a little bit of an accident. Take these fun tye-dye cupcakes which, it turned out, they were really mermaid cupcakes in disguise. We started out with just a fun multicolored plan, then it grew and grew into a fun cupcake that would be perfect for a mermaid part.
And, at the end of the day, it was all about spending time with the kiddo. Just taking a few mintues to put together a silly cupcake and say “yes” to “can we add more frosting? can we put a mermaid tail on top” and you get this gorgeous result. If you’re ready to make a fun under-sea party cupcake, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mermaid Party Cupcakes
- The mermaid tail silicone mold is SO EASY to use! This is the third time I’ve turned to it to make a fun treat and it’s the perfect accessory if you have a mermaid fan. You can check out the one I have here, if you need one. And here’s the seashell mold, too.
- I know it’s subtle, but these cupcakes are frosted with white and pink swirled together. If you’re doing that, be sure to do a couple of practice swirls of your frosting on some parchment paper. The frosting never comes out right when it’s just starting.
- Let these mermaid cupcakes cool completely before frosting them. Warm frosting runs and friends, it’s not pretty.
- If you need a vanilla cupcake recipe, I recommend making our Lazy Girl’s Easy Vanilla Cupcakes. They take less than 30-minutes and use ingredients you likely have on hand. And they are a BIG hit on Pinterest.
How Do I Make this Mermaid Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Mermaid Party Ideas You Might Like
- Mermaid Sugar Scrub Cubes – This is the easiest recipe to make sugar scrub cubes and they make the perfect party favor for little girls or big ones!
- Mermaid Crown – You are not going to find a more perfect craft for a mermaid party–so simple and fun!
- Mermaid Popcorn – So much fun to be had making and eating this awesome mermaid popcorn. Just be sure to package some up as favors for the guests!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite mermaid party ideas board on Pinterest.