These easy Jack Skellington Mickey ear cupcakes are a fun way to make both halloween cupcakes and also spooky Christmas cupcakes – best of both worlds!
Jack Skellington Mickey Ear Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we absolutely love Jack and the Nightmare Before Christmas movie. After I made some adorable Sally cupcakes, my kiddo has not stopped asking me for matching Jack cupcakes. One afternoon, with a Nightmare Before Christmas movie night ahead of us, I decided to make these cute cupcakes for her and fulfill this fun request!
It was hard work keeping her out of the kitchen while I worked on the surprise, but the excitement when I brought her pumpkin king cupcakes out? Priceless. If you’re ready to make a fun Nightmare Before Christmas cupcake, let’s get started.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Jack Skellington Cupcakes
- I always always start any chocolate cupcake I plan to make with my Lazy Girl Chocolate Cupcakes. They’re a ridiculously simple no-fail chocolate cupcake that I can rely on, no matter what. But, you do you. If you’ve got a favorite cupcake recipe in your recipe book, use that. Or if there’s a certain cake mix that just tickles your fancy, use that. These are your Jack Skellington cupcakes.
- Try not to overfill your cupcake liners. This is normally maybe not a big deal, if you’re not making an elaborately decorated cupcake. But this time you are making elaborate decorations. So only put so much in the liner and no more.
- Just in case you don’t have one handy, this recipe has you making your own buttercream frosting, but like with the cupcake base, if you prefer cream cheese frosting or whipped cream frosting, I am giving you permission to use that. Making these Jack cupcakes is more about the decorating than the flavor – you do you.
- If you would rather not use fondant for the ears, you can use chocolate-dipped mini OREO cookies. They won’t look exactly like my cupcakes, but if you’re not confident with fondant, it might be one less thing you have to worry about.
Make Jack Skellington Mickey Ear Cupcakes
Below is our written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Mickey Ear Cupcakes You Might Like
- Daisy Duck Cupcakes - An adorable way to bring Minnie's best friend to life with fondant, icing and a few delicious minutes of fun!
- Holly Mickey Cupcakes - There's nothing more festive than holly and you can't imagine how easy it is to make these fun holly cupcakes!
- Olaf Mickey Ear Cupcakes - A wildly silly and fun cupcake decorating idea the kids can definitely help with, this is one cupcake you don't want to miss.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest.