I love these easy Little Mermaid Dinglehopper Cupcakes! It’s such an easy recipe for a Princess Ariel party, but they look amazing! Grab the easy recipe for dinglehopper cupcakes to make these in minutes!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love Princess Ariel. She is one of our best-loved princess of the sea. With her bright red hair and fun names for items, it makes her the perfect princess for kids. But really, if you love Ariel, you LOVE the dinglehopper. I mean, I’m not some kiddo and I still love the fact that she uses it to comb her hair and has no idea what to–anyway, it’s adorable and fun.
Plus, this is such a silly and easy cupcake decorating idea, the kiddo really got into them, so they were absolutely worth the time. If you’re ready to bust out a fun dinglehopper cupcake, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite mermaid party board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Princess Ariel cupcakes
- Part of what makes these Disney princess cupcakes so fun is the shells on top. And there are SO MANY fun things you can do with shell molds, you should definitely get yourself a set like this. It’s just nice to have around in case of Princess Ariel cupcake emergency. LOL!
- If you can not find the colored chocolate discs, you can always use white chocolate and then just mix in a food coloring. Just make sure you’re using gel food coloring because water-based food coloring will make the chocolate lumpy and hard to work with.
- I always start with my favorite easy vanilla cupcake recipe when tackling any cupcake. It’s a no-fail cupcake with a soft, moist, fluffy crumb that makes the perfect base for any cupcake decoration idea.
- Now, you may think that cream cheese frosting would be an acceptable icing for these cupcakes and certainly I wouldn’t be upset, but I’m of the mind of just mixing some shortening and powdered sugar with a little vanilla and milk to make some easy buttercream in seconds, friends.
- No matter what you do, never ever put frosting cupcakes until they have had time to cool completely. For real, a warm cupcake is decidedly one of the most yummy confections you’ll ever put in your mouth. And, likewise, frosting is yummy, too. But when you mix warm cupcake and frosting all you get is an icky mess, so let those sherbert cupcakes cool!
How Do I Make This Dinglehopper Cupcake?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a princess party playlist on YouTube, here is our Dinglehopper Cupcake video tutorial.
- 6 Prepared Cupcakes
- 1 Can White Frosting
- Melting Chocolate Discs (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Pink)
- Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Bake your cupcakes per the directions on the recipe. Allow them to cool completely before frosting.
- Place your white frosting into a bowl, add in 5-6 drops of purple food coloring and mix until the color is consistent throughout. Place the icing in a piping bag. Then frost your cupcakes and set aside while you make the decorations.
- Add approximately 1/3 cup of each of the chocolate colors to individual microwavable bowls. Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Carefully spoon different colors of chocolates into the molds. Allow this to set up for about 20 minutes or until the chocolates harden. Pop the chocolate shells out of molds and repeat until you have enough.
- Once chocolates are all done, place 4-5 shells, coral, starfish, etc. on the cupcakes. Stick in a fork, otherwise known as a “DingleHopper”. I found mine at the Dollar Tree.
To find more fun cupcake decoration ideas visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Mermaid Ideas You Might Like
- Mermaid Cupcakes
- Mermaid Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Little Mermaid Ursula Mickey Ears
- Princess Ariel Mickey Ears
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite The Little Mermaid board on Pinterest.