These Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes are a Christmas Treat!
Everything about these buffalo check Minnie cupcakes makes me happy. The red swirly icing, the buffalo check and the holly–these easy Christmas cupcakes are beautiful!
Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love the magic of the Christmas season. The smells, the sounds and the amazing tasting Christmas treats are pretty much something I look forward to all year long. Christmas is just my thing. So, of course, when I decided I was going to make a bajillionty Christmas cupcakes this year, I had to try out something new I’d heard of.
RELATED READING: THE BEST CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE DECORATING IDEAS
And, let me just say that “WOW!” making buffalo check cupcakes turns out to be so easy and fun, this will not be the last time you see it. If you’re ready to make some easy Minnie Mouse Christmas cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Christmas Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake. I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe. It’s no-fail fluffy-and-light-cupcakes anyone can make, as long as you follow the directions. To make them chocolate, I just added 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips. Easy peasy.
- Make the actual cupcakes and fondant pieces the day before. This is an easy cupcake to put together, but the fondant will hold up better if you let it dry on the counter overnight.
- I adore the way that this frosting looks. It’s just a super simple technique where you put the two colors of icing into the same piping bag. So cool.
- To make the buffalo check design on the Minnie ears, it’s just a quick little spritz with food coloring spray using a stencil I found. You can make a stencil yourself, but the one I found (that you can click here to get) is so reasonable and already made, it’s hardly even worth making your own, especially if you might be making these kinds of cupcakes more than just one time.
How to Make Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Christmas Lights Cupcakes - Want a cupcake you can decorate in about 5 minutes--for all the cupcakes? That's this easy Christmas cupcake decorating idea.
- Santa Hat Cupcakes - You don't get more iconically Christmas than these easy cupcakes with a Santa hat on them.
- Snowman Cupcakes - Personally, these might be my favorite holiday cupcakes of all time. Just all the pink--the green, the gold and the snowman!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.