This easy Mickey hands sleep mask is so simple to make–and super fast! It makes the perfect Disney cruise fish extender gift idea or a simple gift exchange idea! I really love it.
Mickey Hands Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love our classic Mickey. Like, that’s one of the first characters that I really fell in love with and so, of course, when I decided to make a whole series of different Disney sleep masks, well, I knew I needed to come up with something to pay homage to Mickey.
So, when the idea came to put Mickey’s hands over the eyes?! OMGosh! Such a fun idea. So, if you’re ready to make a fun Mickey hands sleep mask, well let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy Disney craft ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Mickey Sleep Mask
- Start by clicking here to get the epic and easy Mickey hands sleep mask cut file set.
- Then grab some awesome sleep masks like these to use as your blanks. Now, if you only plan on making one Stormtrooper eye mask, just get one, but you’re probably going to want several different colors because I have multiple cool designs in the works. Go ahead and check out the sleep mask designs I’ve made so far:
- If you’re anything like me and you keep all of your black vinyl scraps in a little bag near your Cricut, well, get ready to break those scraps out–this is the project for them!
- Definitely remember to make this easier for yourself and click the little button for the attach function in Design Space. Yeah, this might waste some vinyl, but it’s going to make placing each of the little individual pieces so much simpler, but if you’ve decided to be cutting with scraps, then you can discard that excess vinyl knowing it was worth a very good cause.
- It really helped me to take a few minutes to iron each of the eye mask before I started. The super thin satin fabric got fairly wrinkled when it’s shipped, so by ironing it out that made sure the vinyl was ironed-on evenly.
- If I’m going to recommend a heat transfer vinyl for this sleep mask, it’s going to be the Siser EasyWeed you can find here that I used. Because the cuts are such small pieces, it’s just so much more convenient to not have to deal with the whole separate transfer sheet thing.
How Do I Make this Mickey Hands Sleep Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Black Sleep Mask
- Mickey Hands Sleep Mask SVG Set
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in White
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the cut file set and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Cut the text and hand pieces for the Mickey Hands mask from white HTV.
- Weed the design and, using the EasyPress Mini, iron them on in place on the sleep mask.
- Allow your design to rest for 24 hours before washing if desired.
For more fun Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Disney Crafts You Might Like
- Disney Countdown Gnome – If you’re planning a cruise or a trip to Disney and you want a countdown calendar, there’s nothing cuter than making a gnome to do it!
- Disney Ornament SVG Collection – So many fun cut files for you to make SO MANY fun things with! I love having all these options for cute Disney crafts!
- Lady and the Tramp Paper Craft – Speaking of fun crafts, the kiddo and I loved making these Lady and the Tramp paper ornaments together!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Disney crafts board on Pinterest.