Heading to a cruise, I decided to make this easy Disney sleep mask fish extender gift idea and I have fallen in love with this Stitch sleep mask. Easy, fast and super fun–it’s perfect for any Disney lover!
Disney Sleep Mask Fish Extender Gift Idea – Stitch Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are aware that we’re not going on a cruise tomorrow. But, one day, we will. So, to prepare, I decided to make a handful of Disney Cruise fish extender gifts–starting with this awesomely cute Stitch sleep mask.
Simple and cute, it’s amazingly handy, particularly for a cruise on the Alaska line (it’s daylight like 23 hours a day there!) but also nice to have at home. So, if you’re ready to make this fun Stitch eye mask, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Stitch Eye Mask
- Definitely start by getting some awesome sleep masks like these. If you’re making one Stitch eye mask, you can just get one, but you’re going to want more colors–trust me, when you see what’s coming…you’re going to want multiple colors.
- Click here to download the free Stitch sleep mask cut file set. It’s got the eyes, nose, all the little glinty-shines on the eyes and nose. This cut file set is what’s going to make your sleep mask so cute you’ll squeal.
- I loved the fact that I could use my vinyl scraps for this–these pieces are relatively small and I could just cut out little bits from multiple scraps and viola!
- Be sure to use the attach function in Cricut Design Space to get your eye shadows (the light blue behind the eyes) coordinated, the black pieces (eyes, nose and eyebrows) coordinated and the glints for the eyes and nose coordinated. This will make your placement of each piece go much more smoothly–and yes, that wastes a lot more vinyl, but if you’re cutting from scraps anyway…
- It’s a good idea to take a minute ironing your eye mask. The fabric they use for those eye masks sometimes gets wrinkled in transit, so this will help make sure your vinyl gets applied evenly.
- If I’m going to recommend a heat transfer vinyl for this Stitch sleep mask, it’s going to be the Siser EasyWeed you can find here. Because these are such small pieces and you have to layer them, it’s so convenient to not have to deal with the whole separate transfer sheet thing.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS Stitch SLEEP MASK WITHOUT A CRICUT OR SILHOUETTE?
YES! Every time I put out a new craft, I get this question and I only just realized that I should make this clear on ALL of my cut file-related crafts that you can absolutely make this craft without ever seeing a Cricut or Silhouette.
Here’s what you do: download the cut file set then print the PNG file. With that in hand, just trace the shape you’re using onto the vinyl, then use scissors or an exacto knife to cut them out.
With the shape in hand, just iron it onto your sleep mask.
That simple and that quick!
How Do I Make this Stitch Sleep Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Light Blue Sleep Mask
- Stitch Sleep Mask Cut File
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in Black, Light Blue and White
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the cut file set and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Cut the pieces for the eyes, nose, and eyebrows from black HTV, the eye and nose glints from white HTV, and the eye shadows from the light blue HTV.
- Weed the designs and, using the EasyPress Mini, iron them on in place on the sleep mask in this order: Eye shadows first; followed by eyebrow, eye, and nose; then eye and nose glints.
- Allow your designs to rest for 24 hours before washing, if desired.
For more fun Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Disney Cruise Fish Extender Gift Ideas You Might Like
- Mickey & Minnie Wreath Ornaments – These little grapevine wreath ornaments would make AWESOME fish extender gifts–I can’t believe I didn’t think of that before now!
- Disney Ornament SVG Collection – If you want to make ornaments to give out on your Disney cruise, you’re definitely going to want this Disney ornament SVG collection so you can make ’em all!
- Ariel Paper Roll Craft – This is an epic craft for the kids to make to give to the other kiddos on the cruise as their fish extender gifts!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Disney craft ideas board on Pinterest.