I love this awesome Lilo sleep mask Disney craft idea. It’s so simple, but it really is a perfect Disney Cruise fish extender gift idea! Plus, it’s just so much fun for kids and adults!
Lilo Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love Lilo & Stitch. The story of family, of making mistakes, of coming together – it really is an underrated movie. When I had the idea to make some fish extender gifts for our upcoming Alaskan Disney Cruise, I knew I’d be making sleep masks as one of my first projects!
I adore Lilo and the signature red dress with the white leaves – just seeing it brings a smile to my face. Plus, having a sleep mask on a cruise just makes sense, you know for daytime naps or if you’re going on an Alaskan cruise as we are, where it’s daylight for 23 hours a day. Either way, this is an awesome fish extender gift idea. If you’re ready to make a Lilo eye mask, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Lilo Eye Mask
- First, click here to grab the easy-weed Lilo sleep mask SVG set.
- I also recommend grabbing some awesome sleep masks like these. If you’re just planning on making one Lilo eye mask, you can certainly just get one mask, but when you see what’s coming here on Ruffles and Rain Boots, you’re going to want multiple colors. I’m sharing an entire series of Disney sleep masks and Disney cruise fish extender gift ideas!
- If you have any vinyl scraps this is the project for you. It just takes a few pieces of small vinyl cuts, making it a great way to bust up your vinyl stash.
- I decided to take a minute testing whether to iron or not iron the masks before applying vinyl. As you can see, IRON THE MASK. Look at the picture below – Stitch was ironed, Lilo was not. :(
Can You Make This Lilo Sleep Mask Without A Cricut or Silhouette?
YES! Oh, I get this question all the time and it only just recently dawned on me that I should say on ALL of my Cricut-related crafts that it’s TOTALLY possible to make the craft without owning a Cricut or Silhouette.
You can go ahead and download the cut file set and print out the PNG file on regular copy paper. Then, just trace the shape onto your vinyl, then cut it out with scissors or an Exacto knife.
Once you have the shape, iron it or use your heat press and affix the vinyl onto the sleep mask. It really is that simple and quick!
How Do I Make this Lilo Sleep Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Bright Red Sleep Mask
- Lilo Sleep Mask Cut File
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in White
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the cut file set and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Cut the leaves from white HTV.
- Weed the leaves and, using the EasyPress Mini, iron them on in place on the sleep mask randomly over the whole mask.
- Allow your designs to rest for 24 hours before washing if desired.
For more fun Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Disney Cruise Fish Extender Gift Ideas You Might Like
- Paper Frozen Ornaments – I’ll be honest, this is a fun and easy craft that even the kids can get into–and it makes a great cruise door decoration!
- Disney Cruise Mickey Ears – If you ever wondered about how to make a set of Mickey ears for your Disney Cruise, don’t worry–I’ve got you, friend.
- Disney Vacation Countdown Ideas – So many awesome ideas to help build the excitement in your home for your Disney vacation!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Disney crafts board on Pinterest.