Baby Yoda is officially the most-loved Star Wars character–and mine, too. So, of course I had to make a Baby Yoda sleep mask as one of my Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas.
Baby Yoda Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are more than a liiiiitle in love with the cutest green baby in the universe. Seriously, the moment Baby Yoda was revealed in the first episode of the Mandalorian, I was lost. So, when I started down the path of making Disney sleep masks as fish extender gifts, I made it a goal to make a Baby Yoda sleep mask that was too cute.
And, I would say, I accomplished that. I am seriously considering making one for myself–and I have to make a second one already because the kiddo commandeered this one so…for a fish extender gift, I might need 3 total. LOL! If you’re ready to make a Baby Yoda eye mask cuter than all of the rest of the galaxy combined, let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Star Wars crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Baby Yoda Sleep Mask
- First, click here to grab the super simple Baby Yoda sleep mask SVG set.
- For a base, grab some awesome sleep masks like these. If you’ll only be making one Baby Yoda eye mask (for yourself–because you know you need one personally), you can of course just get one mask, but I’m betting you’re going to want more colors for the variety of sleep masks coming–trust me. Here are all the Disney characters I’ve got so far:
- Be sure to dig through your vinyl scraps for this project–the little pieces to make the sleep mask could just be cut out multiple scraps…
- To make this go as easy as possible, remember to use the attach functionality in Cricut Design Space to get the wrinkles and eyes all coordinated, so you’re working with blocks of color and not individual little pieces. And yes, I understand that doing it this way wastes a lot more vinyl, but if you’re using up your scraps anyway, it’s worth it to have less stress over tiny pieces.
- Definitely take a few minutes to iron your sleep mask before you start. The thin satin fabric on those eye masks is often wrinkled in transit, so to make sure your vinyl gets applied evenly, iron the mask and start with a clean surface.
- Speaking of making things easier for yourself, I recommend using this Siser EasyWeed you can find here. Because these elements to make Baby Yoda’s face are just small pieces and you need to layer them, it’s just so convenient to eliminate the whole separate transfer sheet step.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS Baby Yoda Eye Mask WITHOUT A CRICUT OR SILHOUETTE?
Absolutely! You know, I honestly get this question so often and I only thought recently that I should make sure you know that, with any of my Cricut-related crafts it’s absolutely possible to make it without even knowing what a Cricut or Silhouette is–much less having one.
All you do is go ahead and download the cut file set. Then print the PNG or JPG file on some regular paper. Once you have it in hand, cut the shape from the paper and trace the shape onto the vinyl, and then cut it out.
Once you have the shapes all cut out of their vinyl, just iron them onto the sleep mask.
That easy and that fast!
How Do I Make this Baby Yoda Sleep Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Star Wars Crafts You Might Like
- Star Wars Cut File Set – You are not going to find a more fun set of Star Wars cut files for use on every project you ever might want to make!
- Ewok Minnie Ears – I believe these cute Minnie ears might be my all-time favorite. Mostly because I haven’t make Baby Yoda Mickey ears yet…but still.
- Stormtrooper Cupcakes – You can’t miss with these awesomely easy cupcakes…well, you can’t miss, but they can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Heh.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Star Wars board on Pinterest.