I am absolutely in love with this easy Baby Groot sleep mask. It’s a fun and easy Disney craft that’s perfect for a Disney Cruise fish extender gift idea. And did I say easy?!
Baby Groot Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have always loved Groot–but then when he was reborn as Baby Groot, well, there was no doubts in my mind that he’d be up there as one of my favorite Disney characters forever. So, when I started making Disney cruise fish extender gift ideas, of course a Baby Groot sleep mask was on the list.
And let me tell you, of all the sleep masks, I think this Baby Groot eye mask is the most “perfect”. Just the eyes and the ease and the leaves. I just love it. If you’re ready to make a fun Baby Groot sleep mask, let’s get started.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney craft ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Disney Sleep Mask
- Start by clicking here to grab the easy-weed Baby Groot sleep mask SVG set.
- Think about getting some awesome sleep masks like these to use as your base. If you only plan on making one Baby Groot eye mask, you can certainly just get one, but, I’ll be honest, you’re going to want more colors because I have a lot of cool designs planned. Check out the ones I’ve made so far:
- This is one of the most awesome projects for vinyl scraps, with the exception of the brown, which does take a pretty substantial chunk. Other than that one piece, though, all of these pieces are pretty small, so scraps are perfect.
- Don’t forget to make this project easier for yourself and use the attach function in Cricut Design Space. This will make placing each individual piece so much simpler–and I understand that wastes some vinyl, but if you are cutting using scraps, then you can discard knowing it was worth a good cause.
- Ironing your eye mask before you start might be necessary. The thin satiny fabric on the eye masks is sometimes wrinkled when it’s shipped, so ironing it out will help ensure the vinyl is ironed-on evenly.
- If I’m going to recommend a heat transfer vinyl for this Stitch sleep mask, it’s going to be the Siser EasyWeed you can find here. Because these are such small pieces and you have to layer them, it’s so convenient to not have to deal with the whole separate transfer sheet thing.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS Baby Groot Sleep Mask WITHOUT A CRICUT OR SILHOUETTE?
For sure! It’s definitely possible to make this Disney craft without ever seeing or owning a Cricut or Silhouette. And I feel so bad because I get this question all the time and I only just thought to mention that. So, yes, you can.
All you need to do is go ahead and download whatever cut file set you’re going to use and then print the PNG or JPG file on regular paper and cut it out. Then, just trace that paper shape onto whatever vinyl you’re using and cut it out with scissors or an exacto knife.
Once you have the shape cut from vinyl, it’s super easy to just iron it onto the sleep mask.
That simple and that fast!
How Do I Make this Baby Groot Eye Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun DIsney Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Deadpool Mickey Ears – Literally my favorite Mickey ears ever. But they would have been better with a chimichanga.
- Disney Vacation Countdown Ideas – All the best ideas to make or buy a fun Disney vacation countdown timer!
- Loki Mickey Ears for Disney – Wickedly fun, these ears are a treat to make and look so cool on, you’re going to love them.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Disney crafts board on Pinterest.