I can’t get over how cute this simple Disney countdown gnome is! This no-sew Mickey gnome is so fun, and it makes the perfect (and fast) DIY countdown idea I’ve ever seen.
Disney Countdown Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little Disney-obsessed lately. Making all the Mickey ears you could ever want, getting our food budget knocked out, and just basically getting ourselves ready to go, it’s been a feat! And, just as I’m excited, the kids are equally so. They kept asking and asking how many days until we go. I couldn’t take it anymore!
So, I made this absolutely adorable Disney countdown gnome. I seriously love this little guy. He’s a no-sew gnome, so I automatically have an inclination. But then you add to it that he’s a Mickey gnome?! Oh, I was never going to be able to do anything but love. If you’re ready to make an irresistibly cute DIY Disney countdown craft, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
The Original Mickey Mouse Gnome
When I first made this years ago, there weren’t any Mickey gnomes out there – now, you have tons of options! When it debuted, this original design looked a bit different.
He had a cut little pompom nose, small buttons, and the sweetest little drag-the-floor beard. And friends, he was an immediate favorite in our house! Of course, it could have been that he was also helping to countdown our Disney vacation…
But recently, a reader asked for a video tutorial (check out all the gnomes here on YouTube), so this little guy was remade.
Tips to Make This Mickey Gnome
- Do not cut the mongolian fur with scissors. Never. You’ll be so sad if you do. It will cut off the ends of the fur and then it will look all choppy. Just don’t. Use an exacto knife and cut from the back of the fur, only cutting the fabric. See? Easy, right?
- No pom pom for the nose? No worries! You can use a wooden bead or make one out of polymer clay. You could put another button there or even make a ball of pantyhose. Don’t let the nose fool you, it’s easy.
- I filled my Disney countdown gnome with rice. But you can also use dried beans or beads, anything with a little weight to it that will help keep your Mickey sock gnome from falling over.
- Click here to get a downloadable Disney countdown SVG!
How Do I Make this Disney Countdown Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a DIY Disney countdown ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our Mickey Mouse gnome video tutorial.
More DIY Disney Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Disney Mickey Ears that will Wow Your Biggest Fan – If you really want to be prepared for your Disney vacation, you’re going to need some Mickey ears. And the best way to get ’em? DIY ’em.
- Disney Rock Painting (Stitch) – If you love Disney chances are that Stitch has a special place somewhere in your heart. This easy rock painting Disney craft is so fun, I can’t help but love it.
- Disney Movie Crafts – From classic to the more modern, there’s a craft here for almost every Disney kid-friendly movie ever!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest.