I have always wanted a set of little bitty kissing gnomes and this mini magnetic gnomes pattern makes a cute pair. You can use a hot glue to assemble these adorable Valentine favorites.
For this February gnome idea, use any cotton fabric for the hat and a coordinating body color. I think it’s fun to use scraps of those brightly-covered fur bits you might have laying around.
Mini Magnetic Gnomes Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I find the simple pleasures in life are sometimes the most fulfilling. And, frankly, little gnomes that are drawn together to play kissy-face is a stupidly simple pleasure that is fantastically wonderful on so many levels.
Friends, I just can’t stop giggling. I just had to make a mini magnetic gnomes pattern that makes kissing gnomes. Kissing gnomes!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
Now, give a me just a few minutes of your time and you’ll be sitting at your craft table making kissing noises as your two little cuties canoodle and play smoochy-smooch. UGH, are you thoroughly disgusted? If so, grab your scissors and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share it for Later
If you need to raid your fabric stash (I get the excitement you’re feeling), be sure to save this to find it easily when you’re ready to begin. Use the sharing buttons to share this to your feed on Facebook or save it to a gnomes to make pin board.
Look at their cute little tummies touching! The adorable-ness is overwhelming.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make This Kissing Gnomes Pattern
- Get the Mini Magnetic Gnomes Pattern. It’s got a great step-by-step tutorial along with the handful of pieces you need to actually cut to make this gnome in either no-sew or sewn methods. There are so many helpful tips tucked into it.
- If you’d like to use your cutting machine to cut out all the pieces for you, grab the Mini Magnetic Gnome Pattern AND SVG cut file set. It’s not required that you make this pattern with a cutting machine, but if you have one, this is a good one due to the curves.
- You can make your mini gnomes in any theme you’d like. I chose to make this set specifically for Valentines because, well, they’re KISSING!
- Fat quarters (cotton) work great for the hats and come in so many styles, colors, and themes.
- The faux fur I’m using is a very, very bright pink and can be purchased on Etsy or on Amazon in small quantities. That said, you can learn how to make patterns in faux fur or how to paint faux fur to color your own, too.
Get the Gnome Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many gnomes can be made with this!
How to Make Mini Magnetic Gnomes
The tutorial is pretty easy to follow when you have the detailed pattern. Below is the written tutorial for this set of kissing gnomes. Keep this page open and follow along with the steps and tips.
If you are a visual learner like me, watch the Kissing Gnomes DIY video tutorial here on YouTube. While you’re there, be sure to subscribe.
More Gnomes Made with the Magnetic Gnome Pattern
This little set of cuties makes for a great gift idea – such a unique gift, especially if somene loves to change seasonal decor. To see more ways I’ve used this pattern to create this mini kissing gnomes style, check out:
- these kissing bee gnomes,
- this set of DIY Scandinavian gnomes all set for the cold of winter, and
- this set of mini farmhouse gnomes with magnetic noses.
More Easy Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Gnome Boot and Shoe Pattern Set – There are SO MANY gnome boot and shoe patterns in one set.
- Easy No-Sew Christmas Gnome Pattern – The body is one piece and then a little hat to slip on top and you’re ready to get that gnome decorating for the holidays!
- No-Sew and Sewn Gnome Pattern Set – Make the same gnome two different ways with a side-curved hat and an enormous nose everyone is going to love!
Please Save or Share This February Gnome Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this to Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY gnome pin board.