I love an easy gnome pattern, so making this no-sew DIY Christmas gnome pattern was high on my priority list. Super quick to work-up, I love this little Christmas gnome couple!
No-Sew DIY Christmas Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making gnomes. Seriously, it’s become one of the most fun pastimes, coming up with new and fun ways to surprise friends and family with a little tomten for their home. But I have a secret: sometimes I keep them for myself. And this little set of Scandinavian Christmas gnomes are staying in MY house for the duration!
They’re simple, easy and totally no-sew, but so full of character. You can make this no-sew DIY Christmas gnome pattern customized in so many ways, it’s crazy. If you’re ready to make your own holiday gnome, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday DIYs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Scandinavian Christmas Gnome Pattern
- Start by grabbing the easy no-sew gnome pattern here for our SUPER popular (literally the most popular full-size gnome pattern we have) Tucked Gnome that I used to make this Scandinavian Christmas gnome. It’s simple, quick, and minimizes the cuts you need to make in the most clever way. Plus, if you’re not a big fan of making cuts, maybe you want to make multiple gnomes at a time, you can get the Tucked Gnome pattern with cut files for Cricut or Silhouette here!
- If you’re a first-timer here, you might not know this, but if you’ve been here before, you know I love making gnome noses using of whatever round, beige item that’s the closest one I can find. Whether that’s a wood bead or a ball of clay, maybe even a bead stolen from the kiddo’s craft kit, then so be it. Honestly, I love using wood beads like these, though, because they’re really super consistent in shape and color. Meaning I don’t have to work at making them look better or anything.
- If you’re a little concerned about making gnomes because of the beard, don’t be. Even if you’re a beginner, you can make that beautiful, lush beard in a heartbeat. All it takes is flipping the fur face-down and, using a straight-razor or craft knife, cut the fabric backing ONLY, taking care not to cut the fur itself, then gently pull the cut piece away. Just leave the scissors on the table and you’ll have a fantastic beard!
Get the Gnome Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many gnomes can be made with this!
How Do I Make this No-Sew DIY Christmas Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. The full Nordic gnome pattern video tutorial is here on YouTube.
More GNome Patterns You Might Like
- DIY Christmas Gnome Ornaments – My favorite (and most popular) gnome is this adorable and easy gnome ornament that you can make in minutes!
- Easy No-Sew Christmas Gnome with Feet – If you love gnomes, but you want something a little more unique, check out this fun and easy gnome with feet – REALLY BIG feet.
- Best DIY Santa Gnome – This jolly old elf is the easiest way to make a Santa gnome. Using a cone, a little velvet and some faux fur, this quick DIY Santa gnome is perfect in every way!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.