These three holiday farmhouse tiered tray filler DIYs are so simple and quick, they’re a great way to dress up a tiered tray fast!
Three Holiday Farmhouse Tiered Tray Filler DIYs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love decorating a tiered tray for upcoming holidays. But I find myself running out of things to fill the tray. I mean, I love what I have, but I need fresh ideas. So, while I was at the Dollar Tree, I had a fantastic idea to make a cute spring set of three holiday farmhouse tiered tray filler DIYs that I could do in minutes!
So simple, this quick DIY is very luxe looking when finished. I can’t wait to make more for other holidays! If you’re ready to make a fun set of DIY tray fillers, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Easy Tiered Tray Fillers
- Start by grabbing the free template here to make the little moss additions to the wood trays. The templates are so simple, just print, cut and then trace. So, you don’t need anything fancy – no cutting machine required!
- I got everything for my farmhouse tiered tray filler DIYs from the Dollar Tree. But don’t feel like you’re restricted to that. If you can’t find the little wood trays (kind of the key element), I found some quality wood trays here that aren’t very expensive at all.
- One of my favorite aspects of these fun holiday decor pieces is the pop of gold on the edge of the shamrock tiered tray filler. Frankly, if I weren’t trying to make distinctly different trays, I would have painted all of the edges gold. I used this gold paint here that has fantastic coverage for a metallic paint – it only takes one coat! So, I love it.
How Do I Make These Three Holiday Farmhouse Tiered Tray Filler DIYs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 - 5-inch Unfinished Wood Trays
- White Acrylic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- White Glitter
- Faux Moss Sheet
- Free Template
- Mod Podge (or other craft glue)
- 1/2-inch White Pom Pom
- Tiny Rolled Ribbon Rose (or button)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Print out the template with all three shapes on it.
- Paint all three trays with white paint, then allow it to dry completely. If the paint did not provide good coverage, repeat painting the trays and allowing it to dry completely.
- To make the shamrock tray, paint the edge of the tray with gold paint and allow it to dry completely. Cut out the shamrock template and place on the backside of the moss sheet. Trace the template with the pencil, then cut out the moss shape. Hot glue the moss shamrock in the center of the tray and enjoy!
- To make the heart tray, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the edge of the tray, then immediately cover this layer of Mod Podge with the white glitter. Allow the Mod Podge to dry completely. Cut out the heart template and place on the backside of the moss sheet. Trace the template with the pencil, then cut out the moss shape. Hot glue the moss heart in the center of the tray and enjoy!
- To make the bunny tray, cut out the bunny template and place on the backside of the moss sheet. Trace the template with the pencil, then cut out the moss shape. Hot glue the moss bunny in the center of the tray. Hot glue the pom pom to the bottom center of the moss bunny, then glue the tiny rolled ribbon rose to the side of the neck of the bunny and enjoy!
For more fun farmhouse crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Farmhouse Tiered Tray Fillers You Might Like
- Easy Wood Gnomes – I love gnomes and they make the most perfect tiered tray fillers. Frankly, these little valentines gnomes could be turned into any holiday-theme by just changing the hat color and shape.
- Gnome Mug Topper – If you like having a coffee mug in your tiered tray (I mean, who doesn’t?!) then of course, an adorable gnome mug topper is everything.
- Farmhouse Book Stack – Books make great tiered tray fillers, but frankly they have to be just right for a tiered tray! LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy farmhouse decor ideas board on Pinterest.