If you’re ready to dive into gnome making with an easy and fun pattern, this sewn Christmas gnome pattern makes the best Scandinavian gnome!
Sewn Christmas Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love the best and most easy farmhouse crafts. And Scandinavian gnomes are the most fun and easy ways to bring that farmhouse charm to Christmas. I love it! So, of course I had to take one of my favorite gnome patterns to the max for a sewn Christmas gnome pattern anyone can make!
It’s such an easy gnome pattern, it’s just irresistible. So, if you’re ready to make a gnome for Christmas that’s full of Scandinavian charm, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes
- Start by grabbing the super easy gnome pattern here for our Cozy Gnome (our most popular sewn gnome pattern, actually) that I used to make these adorable Scandinavian Christmas gnomes. It’s simple, perfect for beginner sewists or experts alike. Plus, if you’d rather do this without using scissors more than just once or twice, or if you’d like to make multiple gnomes at a time, you can get the Cozy Gnome pattern with cut files for Cricut or Silhouette here!
- If you know me at all, you know I love making my gnome noses with of whatever I can find that’s round, beige and not hard to make or find in my kiddo’s craft kit. I love using wood beads like these, though, because they’re very consistent in shape and color which is perfect when you’re making a couple.
- If you’re reluctant to try your hand at making gnomes because of the flowy, wonderfully squishy beard, don’t be. Anyone, even if they’re a beginner, can make that beautiful, lush beard in just a few seconds. All it takes is placing the fur face-down on your table and, with a straight-razor or craft knife, cut ONLY the fabric backing, then gently pulling the cut piece away from the larger piece. Seriously, that’s it.
Get the Easy Gnome Pattern
Click to get this easy gnome sewing pattern here. You can make SO MANY gnomes!
How Do I Make this Sewn Christmas Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Christmas Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Farmhouse DIY Christmas Gnome – This is one of the easiest and most fun ways to make a gnome and it turns out it’s perfect for a farmhouse tiered tray too!
- Gnome Wine Bag Christmas Gift – For holiday gifting, a little gnome wine bag is just about the most perfect present ever.
- Upcycled Christmas Tree Gnome – Take that old Christmas tree in the attic and turn it into an adorable gnome for your porch this year!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse Christmas board on Pinterest.