These coffee bombs are going to start your day off with a sweet and caffeinated bit of decadence. These are an awesome perk of being an adult and you can even jazz up your java with a little grown up Bailey’s chocolate ganache!
Chocolate Coffee Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am a big kid at heart and love the cocoa bomb trend, but this girl needs her coffee. Over the winter months, why let the kids have all the sweets and treats when we can join in as well? This simple recipe for coffee bombs will have you treating yourself with or without the kick of a weekend delight (aka Bailey’s Irish Cream).
If you’ve never made a cocoa bomb, don’t worry. I’ve made so many, I even wrote a popular book on them! They’re an easy treat to make and these coffee bombs are very similar. Don’t miss my Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes & Tips for even more yummy recipes and ideas!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Find yourself running low on time or need to pick up something? Save this to your favorite recipe pin board or share it with others in a recipe or local group on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making Bailey’s Coffee Bombs
- Not a fan of instant coffee? No problem. Use everything else except the powder and pour hot coffee over the bomb.
- If you are new to making cocoa bombs, my biggest tip for you is to start with one full tablespoon of chocolate to make the molds. Drop it in, press it up the sides, and keep going until you cannot see any of the mold.
- Also if you’re new at making the shells, make a few more than you think you need. In the beginning, I broke a few because I didn’t focus on getting those edges.
- Pop the molds into the fridge (or freezer) – don’t skip this because it helps it harden really well so they can be handled.
- If you want to color the chocolate shell, use a food colorant which works with chocolate. I like to use colored chocolate wafers in my hot cocoa bombs; it’s easier.
- You can opt to make the homemade chocolate Bailey’s Irish Cream ganache or not, but if you do, I recommend making it one day ahead so you don’t have to wait on it to set. It really kicks up that chocolate flavor and adds a depth to your coffee.
How to Make Coffee Bombs Easily
After making so many hot chocolate bombs, I’ve perfected the art of creating the chocolate sphere creation. Definitely use 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate, make sure it is completely melted, make consistent edge, and coat the entirety of the silicone mold form.
You can include powdered creamer (coffee creamer) in any flavor to customize your coffee bombs. Psst: you can also try this with instant espresso – I used the Medaglia D’oro brand. Just make sure you don’t use “espresso powder,” as it is not the same.
More Delicious Cocoa Bomb Recipes
- Easy Harry Potter Hot Cocoa Bombs – Perfect for Harry Potter fans!
- Starbucks Chai Mocha Hot Cocoa Bombs – Another delicious addition to your hot chocolate!
- Easy Cotton Candy Hot Cocoa Bombs are a Fun Treat! – Talk about a sweet flavor that is delicious!
More Coffee DIY and Crafts
- Coffee Sugar Scrub – For those who love an easy DIY and the smell of coffee, you can’t go wrong here.
- Coffee Bath Bomb – You have to see these – they are fun to make, visually appealing, and make great gifts.
- Free Printable Coffee Gift Card Holders – These are perfect to customize your gift card giving.
Please Save or Share This
Your share are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a recipes pin board or share it on Facebook. Everyone will love it!