Make This Invigorating Coffee Sugar Scrub in 5 Minutes!
You can make this invigorating coffee sugar scrub in just minutes! It’s a great gift idea or self-pampering treat for any coffee lover.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
That Time When I Hated Coffee…
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love a good cup of hot coffee in my hands to warm up my soul here in damp Seattle. But there was a time when I couldn’t stand the smell of coffee. This was problematic because, while working in sales, I picked up coffee for clients ALL. THE. TIME.
I not only knew the baristas at the 5 closest Starbucks, I knew their life stories, challenges in school or with their kids, and even developed a friendship with one barista because we both had a love for snowboarding.
But now (A.K. – after kids), I have a cup or two every morning. And because I love to make my own DIY sugar scrub recipes at the drop of a hat, I just combined the two activities and hit perfection!
Supplies for a DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub
This coffee sugar scrub is easy to make – really easy, in fact. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and jar which makes it perfect to keep some for yo’self.
- 1 cup finely ground coffee
- 1 cup sugar (raw or granulated)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or almond oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or another scent which goes well with coffee)*
A few other scents which go great with coffee are:
- hazelnut oil (replace the olive oil with this),
- tangerine essential oil (my favorite),
- cinnamon essential oil, and
- chocolate. If you’d like to make this version, add 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder.
* Note: You may use an essential oil instead of extract, however, reduce the amount to 10-12 drops.
How to Make a Coffee Scrub
A Coffee Lover’s Gift Basket
I picked up a small wooden basket and added a few items:
- A jar of my homemade DIY coffee sugar scrub (I kept some for myself).
- Two coffee bath bombs (I used the coffee bath bomb recipe here).
- This cute kitchen towel, perfect for coffee lovers.
- A gift card to Starbucks (you saw that coming).
- I put the gift card in this free printable coffee gift card holder I made (grab your own here).