I adore having a treat – and these cotton candy hot cocoa bombs are definitely a treat, both to make and drink!
Cotton Candy Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a bit of an obsession with hot cocoa bombs. They’re a great and easy gift idea to make for a friend, but they’re also a fabulous drink idea for yourself. A warm cup of cotton candy flavored hot cocoa is self-indulgence you’ll truly love.
All that pink and blue is not just for looks. There’s real cotton candy going on and stuffed marshmallows that are insanely wonderful. If you’re ready for a fun and easy cotton candy hot cocoa bomb, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite drink recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Simple Hot Cocoa Bomb
- I recommend using pre-colored candy melts like these to base your cocoa bombs on. They make a great material to mold with, but more than that, they’re easier to work with than regular baking chocolate. Take it from me, the candy melts are lump-free and easy – while regular chocolate is not.
- One of the things I had the hardest time finding was cotton candy. I finally found some at my local grocery store, but not before I spied this adorable cotton candy maker that I feel like would be awesome to have if I were making cotton candy hot cocoa bombs again.
- When the weather turns all chilly or rainy and you’re ready to make a piping hot mug of cocoa using your bombs, just place a cocoa bomb in your mug, then in a measuring cup, heat up enough milk to for your mug. Once the milk is hot, pour it over your cotton candy hot cocoa bomb in the mug and watch the chocolate ball “explode” revealing all of your marshmallows floating up!
How Do I Make Cotton Candy Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Place the each color of the candy melts in separate bowls and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package, or per your preferred melting method. Stir well to make sure the candy melts are completely melted and smooth. For a shiny finish on those cocoa bombs, keep stirring until the chocolate is shiny.
- Place about 2 tbsp of one color of the melted chocolate into one mold cavity and, using the bottom of a spoon, move the melted candy up and around the sides of the mold, keeping it thick and even. Repeat with 5 more bombs of the same color, then with 6 bombs of the other color. Once you've coated all of the bomb molds, place them molds into your freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Place the rest of your unused melted chocolate into piping bags or zipper bags to use later as a drizzle.
- Remove the set bomb molds from the freezer and carefully peel the silicone away from the chocolate.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the hot chocolate mix and 5-6 of the marshmallows along with 1-2 tbsp cotton candy and one of the stuffed marshmallows into six of the chocolate cups. Warm-up a plate in the microwave until the center of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press the open side of an empty chocolate cup onto the middle of the warmed plate for about 10 seconds in order to gently melt the rim. Immediately fit this chocolate cup on top of a filled cup. This will close the cocoa bomb. Repeat with all of the chocolate cups.
- With the chocolate you set aside in the piping bag earlier, drizzle this over the hot cocoa bombs, then immediately top with the sprinkles mix. Lightly press the sprinkles into the drizzle of chocolate to make sure they won't fall off.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more simple hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 937Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 805mgCarbohydrates: 169gFiber: 7gSugar: 135gProtein: 14g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Simple Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Honey Flavored Winnie the Pooh Hot Cocoa Bombs – Such a simple and fast recipe idea, this is so delicious, I can’t even tell you.
- Birthday Cake Hot Cocoa Bombs – When you can have a mug of hot cocoa that tastes like a slice of cake – that’s heaven.
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Cocoa Bombs – Chocolate and cherries are the perfect combination of bon bon deliciousness.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy treat recipes board on Pinterest.