Let me explain my latest obsession: Starbucks chai mocha hot cocoa bombs. Creamy, dreamy, and decidedly the best treat ever!
Starbucks Chai Mocha Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making hot chocolate bombs for gifts or just for fun for myself. You could say it’s an obsession, but it’s nowhere near as acute as my love of making gnomes, so, don’t judge me. LOL!
This week, I wanted to pair my favorite Starbucks chai mocha latte with hot cocoa and it was an AMAZING combo! So, grab your favorite mug and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gift ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mocha Chai Hot Cocoa Bombs
- If this is the first time you’re making our own DIY hot cocoa bombs, check out the tips and tricks on my hot cocoa bombs recipe page. It’s the best info to really get your cocoa bombs made fast and easy!
- Besides just being a hot chocolate bomb (which is awesome in it’s own right), what really makes this a treat is, the yummy touch of chai tea latte that’s included. It’s a subtle difference, but it makes everything just that much more jazzed on the tongue.
- Let’s take a second to talk about that chocolate reeeeeeeally fast, friends. There’s nothing saying you CAN’T make these cocoa bombs with your standard chocolate chips, but let’s be honest, they’re not meant for melting and shaping. You know what is? Chocolate candy melts. They’re made for exactly this use and you can make them all shiny and have plenty of time to work with it. Just trust me – candy melts are where you want to be with this recipe.
- To make your drinking experience blossom from just looking at a ball of chocolate filled with goodies to, you know, actually drinking a mug of cocoa, it’s basically a two-step process. Put the cocoa bomb in the mug. Heat your milk to piping hot (hot enough to melt chocolate) and pour it over your bomb in the mug. Then you just watch the magic happen when the chocolate melts and the bomb “explodes!”
How Do I Make this Starbucks Chai Mocha Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Unique Hot Cocoa Bombs You Might Like
- Harry Potter Hot Cocoa Bombs – So cool and perfect for halloween or just fall in general, these little cocoa bombs feature Hedwig the owl!!
- Raspberry White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – White chocolate, raspberries and a fun creamy flavor you’ll love!
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of the first hot cocoa bombs I ever made and I’m still in love after all this time! LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite winter recipes board on Pinterest.