In about 10 to 12 minutes, you can follow this Dollar Tree fall mug Cricut Joy tutorial and have two fun mugs perfect for sweater weather!
Dollar Tree Fall Mug Cricut Joy Tutorial
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love fall. It’s just so wonderful and I have been waiting all year (literally) for the weather to turn just that little bit cooler. So, when I felt a breeze the other day, the promise of some rain, I jumped into making this Dollar Tree fall mug Cricut Joy tutorial so I could get a jump on all the fall fun!
Frankly, this a project I have just been waiting for an excuse to make. It’s fast, fun and the mug is kind of one of my favorite colors. So, grab your favorite color mug and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Dollar Tree Mugs with Cricut Joy
- Click here to grab the free sweater weather SVG file. And while you’re in the shop, check out the other fun fall designs that you could pop onto your mugs – I have a ton that are just fantastic, but I had to stick with just one. LOL!
- I was able to find my mugs at the Dollar Tree, but if you’re having trouble finding them or if you’re not near enough to pop over to a Dollar Tree, you can grab some quality fall-colored campfire mugs that I kind of have my eyes on.
- If you want to turn this awesome Dollar Tree mug craft into a gift on the next level, you can fill your fall mug with some hot cocoa bombs, some k-cups or a chocolate stirring spoon with a gift card. It doesn’t take much to turn your fall mug Cricut Joy craft into a simple and creative packaging for a little mini-fall-gift basket!
- Let’s talk about the Cricut Joy. It’s awesome, seriously. It’s tiny, easy to use, and, frankly, if you’re a beginning Cricut user or just want to dip your toes in a little into this fun-times, this is a GREAT tool to start with. But, if you’ve got a big Cricut machine, there’s nothing the Cricut Joy can do that the bigger ones can’t. However…the big advantage is that it’s way easier to deal with and so much smaller. Literally I borrowed a friend’s Joy for a few days and I’ve hemmed-and-hawed about getting one, but when I finally did – and it was actually mine? I’ve fallen a little in love. It can bang out fast little projects like lightning and it’s so tiny!
How Do I Get this Dollar Tree Fall Mug Cricut Joy Tutorial?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Cricut crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our Dollar Tree fall mug Cricut Joy tutorial video tutorial.
- 1 Dollar Tree Mug
- Smart Vinyl (or Permanent Vinyl, using a mat) in White
- Free Sweater Weather SVG
- Cricut Joy
- Rubbing Alcohol (for cleaning mugs)
- Weeding Tools
- Scraper Tool
- Transfer Tape
- Clean the outside of the mug with alcohol and dry completely.
- Download the cut file and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Select the image and resize it to fit your mug. For a straight-sided mug, you can measure the diameter of the inside of your mug (the width of your mug from one side to the other in a straight line using a ruler) to get the size of the width of your design - and your design will fit neatly on the front!
- Select "attach" in the bottom right corner of your workspace. Alternatively, you can use the design tools in Cricut Design Space to prepare your own design.
- Follow the prompts and select the material that you are using (Smart Vinyl or Permanent Vinyl with the Mat). Load the appropriate vinyl into the Cricut Joy. When loading Smart Vinyl, just slip the edge of the vinyl into the machine to where it just touches the sensors and the machine will pull the vinyl in itself.
- Remove the cut vinyl from the machine and trim from the roll if using Smart Vinyl. Weed the extraneous vinyl elements from the carrier sheet and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape just larger than the size of your design and place over the top of the design on the carrier sheet. Rub the transfer tape down with the scraper tool to adhere it to the vinyl elements. Remove the carrier sheet and discard.
- Place the vinyl design (still on the transfer tape) on top of your mug, positioned where you plan to have the design. Press down only in the center of the design.
- Cut tabs all around the outside of the transfer tape about 1/4- to 1/2-inch deep spaced about 1/2-inch apart. This will allow the transfer tape to wrap around the mug, helping to get your design smoothed around the curved surfaces neatly.
- Using your fingers, rub down the design, taking care to get all of the small pieces adhered to the mug, then follow by burnishing with the scraper tool.
- Remove the transfer tape and discard. Allow mugs to cure for 3 days before washing and using.
For more fun Cricut Joy tutorials, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Cricut Joy Crafts You Might Like
- Woodland Animal Wood Slice Ornaments – One of my favorite Christmas ornament tutorials – so easy and fast with the Cricut Joy!
- Farmhouse Painted Mason Jars – You can make these beautiful and easy painted mason jars with Cricut Joy accents in just minutes!
- Wood Block Pumpkin Craft for Fall – Best no-carve pumpkin craft you can make with just a little help from Cricut Joy!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite fall crafts board on Pinterest.