I’m not Playing–These Galaxy Bath Bombs are Epic and Fun!
You’re not going to find a more easy way to make galaxy bath bombs that are just so fun you’ll love them. Plus, they’re cute, so they make an awesome gift!
Galaxy Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about the DIY bath bomb around here. The kiddo has a blast getting into the tub with the fizzies and sometimes it’s all I need to get her excited to take a bath, rather than moping about having to get ready for bed. It’s like a magic tool I can say “guess what I have” instead of “going to bed is imminent”. Who doesn’t love that?!
RELATED READING: MERMAID BATH BOMBS AND BODY SCRUBS
Plus, these fun DIY galaxy bath bombs are so colorful (despite being mostly black), they’re really eye-catching. They make an awesome gift for a neighbor or friend. Which is out of this world cool! LOL! If you’re ready to make a fun galaxy themed bath bomb, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY beauty board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make DIY Galaxy Bath bombs
- To get the fun gold line running through the center of the galaxy bath bombs using gold edible glitter, you need to either make the alcohol/glitter mixture very thick or you can plan on painting a couple of coats. It dries really fast, so doing multiple coats is quick. You can grab the edible glitter I used here.
- Make sure you plan ahead to let your bath bombs dry about 24 hours before using them–that way you get the best fizz. Plus, this gives you a chance to let the mixture dry out really well, just on the off chance you got it a little too wet.
- Before you make your bath bombs, you should also plan on what airtight container you’re going to put them in, whether that’s a mason jar, Tupperware or zipper baggie, so that they’ll last longer and give you the most fizz over time.
- Because these bath bombs are all you–I mean, you are the one making them, after all, you can do what you want, but I really recommend avoiding the use of food coloring–like the plague. If you use food coloring, you’ll end-up coloring both the bathtub and your skin. So, even though you might have to wait a few days for soap colorant or mica powders to be shipped, it’s worth it in the long run.
- These galaxy bath bombs are essentially just a combination of essential oils, citric acid, and a bit of water (also a few other things but that’s the basic gist), just like all of my bath bomb recipes. So, if you have any trouble getting them to hold shape, they’re likely not moist enough–the recipe is intended to be a bit dry, but it’s ok to add a little spritz of water and try again. But if you keep having trouble, check out this article on trouble-shooting bath bombs and shower fizzies.
How Do I Make Galaxy Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Bath and Beauty Ideas You Might Like
- Unicorn Bath Bombs – These fun unicorn bath bombs are so pretty and SUPER quick to come together. You can have them done in about 15 minutes!
- Cotton Candy Bath Bombs – Some of my favorite bath bombs–smell so good and easy to make. They’re perfect all the way around.
- Geode Bath Bombs – This trick to make geode bath bombs are the most cool bath bomb I think I’ve ever made!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy bath & beauty ideas board on Pinterest.