She’s so wicked, but so fun, so I definitely needed to make this awesome Ursula sleep mask as one of my Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas. It’s the best–or worst…because, you know, she’s evil…
Ursula Sleep Mask
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a love of the baddies. I mean, like, the good guys would just be bland paper-people with no depth if it wasn’t for the wickedly evil shadows behind them, right?! I mean, the Disney Villains are the ones that add all the CHARACTER. Oh. I just can’t. So, when I was planning out making some Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas, well, of course an Ursula sleep mask was on the list–I mean, she’s the wickedest under the sea!
And wow–it turned out so COOL! All the tentacles and suckers and then the “chillin’ like a villain”. I’m dying at my own cleverness. LOL! Erhm…so, if you’re ready to get chillin like a villain, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY Disney craft ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Disney Villain Sleep Mask
- Start by clicking here to grab the incredibly awesome (and easy-weed) Ursula sleep mask SVG set.
- Think about getting some awesome sleep masks like these to use as your base. Now, if you only plan to bust out one Disney Villain eye mask, you can certainly just snag one eye mask blank, but, you’re probably going to want several different colors because I have already made some really cool designs and have more planned. Check out these eye masks I’ve made so far:
- If you’re a vinyl-scrap-hoarder like me, you’re going to love this project. You can use all those little pieces of scrap vinyl you’ve been hanging onto. So awesome.
- Oh, and because there’s text and you’re using heat transfer vinyl, you’re going to want to remember: MIRROR YOUR IMAGE. This is not going to do anything wonky to your tentacles–they’ll come out fine either way. But the text, you’ll be re-cutting that if you don’t mirror it.
- Another trick I love to use to make weeding and applying vinyl so much easier is to use the attach function in Cricut Design Space. There’s just something fantastic about not having to place each piece individually…particularly the text.
- To make sure that the vinyl is ironed-on evenly, you may want to ironing your eye mask before you start. That thin satiny fabric that the eye masks are made of get wrinkled sometimes in shipping.
- If I’m going to recommend a heat transfer vinyl for this Ursula sleep mask, it’s going to be the Siser EasyWeed you can find here. Because these are such small pieces and you have to layer them, it’s so convenient to not have to deal with the whole separate transfer sheet thing.
How Do I Make this Ursula Sleep Mask?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Light Grey Sleep Mask
- Ursula Sleep Mask SVG Set
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in Black
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in Light Purple
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the cut file set and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Cut the text and tentacle topside and sucker pieces for the Ursula mask from black HTV. Cut the underside of the tentacles from the purple HTV.
- Weed the design and, using the EasyPress Mini, iron them on in place on the sleep mask.
- Allow your design to rest for 24 hours before washing if desired.
For more fun Disney Cruise fish extender gift ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Disney Crafts You Might Like
- Hardcore Awesome Ahsoka Mickey Ears – You’re not going to find a more wildly serious pair of DIY Ahsoka Mickey ears unless you’re looking at cosplay. For. Real.
- Epically Evil Ursula Mickey Ears – So fun and deliciously evil, you get the crown you deserve and the tentacles that tickle your wicked side.
- Sweet and Smart Princess Belle Paper Roll Craft – Easy and fun craft for kids with a free printable template to make it perfect every time!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite best Disney crafts board on Pinterest.