You’ve got to make these amazingly tasty heath bar cupcakes. They’ve got all the things that make for an awesome cupcake and are easy to boot!
Heath Bar Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little in love with this easy toffee cupcake recipe. It’s so simple, honestly, but then you get this really uniquely wonderful flavor that I just can’t get over. I think I’ve found my birthday cupcake, honestly.
I think my favorite parts are the salted caramel frosting and the heath bar bits on top. It’s that creamy, dreamy sauce and the crunchy pops of hard-candy bar combining in a way that is undeniably delicious. If you’re ready for a decadent melt-in-your-mouth cupcake experience, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake, so I always fall back on my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes. Done right every time–and they’re always so moist it’s sinful.
- If your heart is just set on it, you can make a cream cheese frosting, sure. But the best, most light and fluffy frosting you can pipe with a decorating bag is this awesome homemade buttercream in this recipe, with confectioners sugar and all the yummy salted caramel flavoring.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun. Particularly when you’re drizzling salted caramel over it. You’re just asking for the frosting to just melt on you then. LOL!
- Don’t skimp on the heath bar bits. If you want my personal opinion, you’ll just plan on loading up a half of a these awesome heath bars on each cupcake. So yummy.
How Do I Make this Heath Bar Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes (I love my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes recipe)
- 1/2 cup Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
- 4 tablespoons Ghirardelli’s Salted Caramel Syrup
- 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Ghirardelli’s Salted Caramel Syrup
- 1/4 cup Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
- Make your cupcake batter as per the directions on your recipe.
- When you have your batter ready, but before you bake it, fold in salted caramel syrup and 1/4 cup Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits.
- Fill each lined muffin cup 2/3 of the way with the heath bar cupcake batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits.
- Bake per your recipe directions and allow then to cool completely before decorating.
Salted Caramel Frosting:
- Cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the creamer, caramel extract, and sea salt until light and fluffy. If mixture is too thick, add an additional teaspoon of creamer.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of Ghirardelli’s Salted Caramel Syrup and stir until fully incorporated.
- Place frosting in a piping bag and frost cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the remaining Heath Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits as desired.
For more easy cupcake decorating ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 343mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 56g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes – These are the most decadent cupcakes I think I’ve ever made. I mean, chocolate covered cherry stuffed cupcakes?! Mmmmm…
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes – I love having cookies with my cupcakes. I mean, not always, but when they’re combined like this, I’m in.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – This amazingly yummy cupcake recipe sounds so basic, but the truth is that the results are a symphony on your tongue!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest.