I love this recipe for chocolate covered cherry cupcakes so much. It’s like a fun treat experience just for me and my tongue. Because they’re so good, I’m not sharing. Can’t make me. LOL!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore a good romantic moment. But it’s even better when that romantic moment is with my tongue and a chocolate covered cherry cupcake. I didn’t even know I needed these cupcakes in my life until I made them and now I can’t get them out of my head.
They’re the perfect blend of sweet fluffy, moist cake, decadent chocolate frosting goodness, with a literal cherry on top. If you’re ready to embark on a romantic flavor experience, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherries
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake, so I always fall back on my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes. Done right every time–and they’re always so moist it’s sinful.
- I won’t lie to you, you’re going to want to buy some premade chocolate covered cherries. I’ve tried to make them myself before and they just aren’t as fabulous. So, go with premade for the yummy.
- Sure, you can make a cream cheese frosting. But the best, most light and fluffy frosting you can pipe with a piping bag is this awesome homemade buttercream in this recipe, with confectioners sugar and all the yummy.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun.
How Do I Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 Package of Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 - 5 cups of powdered sugar (Start with 4 cups)
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream (more if needed)
- 4 Tablespoons of Maraschino Cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Bake your chocolate cupcakes as per the recipe directions.
- When the cupcakes are baked, remove them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a cupcake corer or a large decorating tip, create a well in the center of the cupcake but DO NOT DISCARD THE CENTERS.
- Place a chocolate covered cherry in the center of each cupcake, and then replace each cupcake center on top.
- Cream the butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream, and blend until fluffy again.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, pinch of salt, half the cherry juice, then half of the powdered sugar and finally the vanilla, blending between each ingredient.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and cherry juice, mixing together until well combined.
- If frosting is too thick, thin with a little more Cherry Juice, or cream; alternately adding in additional powdered sugar if the frosting is too thin for you.
- Place frosting in a decorating bag, and swirl onto cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a maraschino cherry and enjoy!
For more decadent cupcake recipes, visit RufflesandRainBoots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 965 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 57mg Carbohydrates: 200g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 190g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Decadent Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Jaw-Dropping Unicorn Cupcakes – You won’t see a more colorful and fun cupcake in existence. You could almost call them–mythical.
- Bubblegum Cupcakes – Perfect for any party, these bubblegum cupcakes just make my day pop!
- Popcorn Cupcakes – Speaking of pop, these cupcakes are so fun and silly, they’re the best for a movie night with the family.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest.