I have the best time coming up with fun cupcake recipes, and the latest are these easy cookies and cream cupcakes. They’re simple, tasty and–best of all there are cookies!
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are in love with cupcakes. They’re seriously one of the most efficient ways to eat frosting–I mean, wait, no…they’re the best party treats. Right. Riiiight. In all seriousness, though, cupcakes are my “thing.” And these cookies & cream cupcakes are no exception.
Seriously moist with bits of cookie and an icing that tastes just like my favorite cookie filling, well, it’s kind of a wonder it took me this long to make these! If you’re ready for a fun cupcake decorating idea that takes less than 5 minutes for a whole dozen cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite party treats board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookies
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake, so I always fall back on my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes. Done right every time–and they’re always so moist it’s sinful.
- Sure, you can make a cream cheese frosting if that’s what you have your heart set on. But the best, most light and fluffy frosting you can pipe with a decorating bag is this awesome homemade buttercream in this recipe, with confectioners sugar and all the yummy. Plus, it tastes just like the creamy filling of OREO cookies. Which is awesome.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun.
How Do I Make this Cookies and Cream Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup Crushed Chocolate Cream Cookies (OREO cookies)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon of heavy cream (more if needed)
- pinch of salt
- Bake your chocolate cupcakes as per the recipe directions.
- When the cupcakes are baked, remove them to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a cupcake corer or a large decorating tip, create a well in the center of the cupcake but DO NOT DISCARD THE CENTERS.
- Place 1 tablespoon of crushed cookies in the center of each cupcake, and then replace each cupcake center on top.
- Cream the butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream, and blend until fluffy again.
- Mix in the pinch of salt, half of the powdered sugar and finally the vanilla, blending between each ingredient.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar, mixing together until well combined.
- If frosting is too thick, thin with a little more cream; alternately adding in additional powdered sugar if the frosting is too thin for you.
- Place frosting in a decorating bag, and swirl onto cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with more crushed cookies and enjoy!
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 56mg Carbohydrates: 62g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 59g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Jaw-Dropping Unicorn Cupcakes – You won’t see a more colorful and fun cupcake in existence. You could almost call them–mythical.
- Bubblegum Cupcakes – Perfect for any party, these bubblegum cupcakes just make my day pop!
- Popcorn Cupcakes – Speaking of pop, these cupcakes are so fun and silly, they’re the best for a movie night with the family.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite party treats board on Pinterest.