You need to try this s’mores cupcake recipe. It’s easy, will wow everyone, and honestly, it’s less of a sticky mess than the real thing and should be considered the best camping cupcake going forward.
Whether you’re setting up a backyard camping session, a camping party, or stuck inside on a rainy day, these are a great way to boost the mood. And they look so cute!
RELATED READING: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe (This is Good)
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love creating delicious cupcake recipes and even have one of the most popular vanilla cupcake recipes on the Internet (because it’s EASY).
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
I share a lot of fun cupcake decorating ideas because, well, I make cupcakes for every occasion. When the little one asked for a camping party (in the backyard), I thought we could prepare an easy S’mores dessert idea.
All of the S’mores cupcake recipes I found (and there are some great ones) used marshmallow fluff in place of buttercream. Coming from someone who loves buttercream and tolerates marshmallows, this was a problem. So, I set to making my own version.
RELATED READING: Jaw-Dropping Campfire Cupcakes (You Have to See These)
RELATED READING: This Easy Buttercream Frosting Recipe is SO Good
If you’re in the gathering ideas stages of party planning or you have to run to grab some marshmallow fluff, use the sharing buttons. Save this to a fun cupcake recipes pin board or share it on Facebook. Either will make it easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes (Death By Chocolate, Anyone?)
Tips to Make Camping Treat Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake, so I always rely on my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes.
- If your heart is just set on it, you can make a cream cheese frosting – it will work with this recipe, however, the buttercream (without the vanilla) is lighter and pairs very well.
- Always let the cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost a cupcake because warm frosting will literally melt right off.
- Go light on the mini marshmallows on top of the buttercream – the marshmallow fluff in the center of the cupcake gives a great bit of flavor on its own.
RELATED READING: Easy Pineapple Cupcakes Recipe with Printable Crown Topper
How to Make S'mores Cupcakes
Scroll down for the written and printable tutorial for this yummy summer cupcake recipe. Keep this page open, follow the steps, and use the comments section below if you have any questions.
To alter this recipe using pre-made or store-bought chocolate cupcakes, make the following adjustments:
- buy graham crackers and either crumble or crush them in a clean, zip top plastic bag
- make the cupcake fluff center as indicated
- top the cupcake with graham cracker crumbles or crumbs
- pipe buttercream topper and sprinkle with more graham cracker before adding mini marshmallows and chocolate chips
More Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Heath Bar Cupcakes - An amazingly awesome recipe with the cupcake of my dreams. You get that amazing crunch and that tasty smooth buttercream...yum.
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes - These are some of the most amazing cupcakes I've ever made. So sweet and perfectly balanced with a soft crumb.
- Rainbow Cupcakes - You are going for less than a camping theme and more of an "outside" theme? Well, these adorable cupcakes have you taken care of.
Please Save or Share This Yummy Summer Dessert Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this on Facebook or save it to a summer recipes pin board.