If you need an epically tasty cupcake to set the scene for your camping party, these s’mores cupcakes are the best camping treat you’ll ever find!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about the fun cupcake decorating ideas. And when the kiddo asked for a camping party, who was I to deny her a fun s’mores cupcake to set the mood. Of course, we were only going to the backyard and only until bedtime, but still–it was a camping party for us.
RELATED READING: EASY CAMPFIRE CUPCAKES
And the cupcakes? They made the party that much more fun. If you’re ready to make an awesome smores cupcake, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Camping Treat Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. If you’re anything like me, you definitely need a “no-fail” cupcake, so I always fall back on my Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes. Done right every time–and they’re always so moist it’s sinful.
- If your heart is just set on it, you can make a cream cheese frosting, sure. But the best, most light and fluffy frosting you can pipe with a decorating bag is this awesome homemade buttercream in this recipe, with confectioners sugar and all the yummy salted caramel flavoring.
- Always always always let your cupcakes cool to room temperature before you frost them because warm frosting is no fun. Particularly when you’re drizzling salted caramel over it. You’re just asking for the frosting to just melt on you then. LOL!
- Don’t skimp on the marshmallows and chocolate chips on the top of the cupcakes–that just makes this recipe pop!
How Do I Make this S’mores Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate cupcakees
- Marshmallow spread/fluff
For the graham cracker portion
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
For the buttercream & décor
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Make your cupcake batter per the recipe you love. But don't bake it yet.
- In a small bowl. combine the ingredients for the crushed graham cracker mixture by stirring well.
- Line your muffin tins, then scoop a tablespoon of the crushed graham cracker mixture into each lined muffin pan cavity, packing it down. Bake for 5 minutes.
- When the graham cracker crust portion has cooked, pour cupcake batter into the muffin tin, about 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes per your recipe, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes completely on a wire rack.
- With a large cupcake decorating tip or cupcake corer, remove center of each cupcake, creating a well.
- Fill each well you just created in the cupcakes with about 1 tablespoon of your marshmallow fluff/spread. I found this easiest to do by placing the marshmallow creme into a piping bag.
- To make the buttercream, cream together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk, until smooth and well-combined. Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Generously frost each cupcake.
- Top with marshmallows and chocolate chips before enjoying!
For more amazing cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 0gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Heath Bar Cupcakes – An amazingly awesome recipe with the cupcake of my dreams. You get that amazing crunch and that tasty smooth buttercream…yum.
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes – These are some of the most amazing cupcakes I’ve ever made. So sweet and perfectly balanced with a soft crumb.
- Rainbow Cupcakes – You are going for less than a camping theme and more of an “outside” theme? Well, these adorable cupcakes have you taken care of.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.