These snow globe cupcakes are so easy! And, the globe is edible. Which is so freaking awesome. I can’t wait to make these for the kid’s Christmas cupcakes party!
Snow Globe Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore Christmas cupcakes. I love everything about them. The tiny decorations, the tasty flavors. Seriously. holiday cupcakes are somehow better than every day cupcakes. If that’s possible.
But, one version of holiday cupcakes I’ve always wanted to make, but felt like was almost not worth it, was snow globe cupcakes. I mean, all the recipes I’ve seen made the globe from gelatin and, while it’s (possibly) clear, it doesn’t taste good, it’s hard to work with, and it’s kind of like a let down when you go to eat the cupcake because you don’t want to eat all that gelatin.
Then I had a wild idea. What if I made the globe from sugar glass?! And it worked! So amazing! It’s edible snow globe cupcakes that are so easy to make, ANYONE can make them. If you’re ready to bust out some awesome snowglobe cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas cupcakes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Snowglobe cupcakes
- Don’t blow your balloons up a lot. Your cupcake is tiny. Like seriously tiny. You also need to leave room in the balloon for the air to expand when it heats as the balloon is dipped in the hot sugar glass liquid. So, do not blow up your balloon very much–like a half-breath is all it took for me.
- Start with your favorite cupcakes. I use my trusty Lazy Girl cupcakes, a fun, no-fail cupcake that anyone can make and KNOW they’re cupcakes will be light, fluffy and tasty.
- You do not have to make your own fondant decorations like I did (although this recipe for homemade fondant is amazing, so if you want to make some, do it). You can buy fondant or you can even use little toys. But I liked the idea of 100% edible snowglobe cupcakes.
How To Make Snow Globe Cupcakes - Recipe and Tutorial
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
More Christmas Cupcakes You Might Like
- Party Cupcakes for Any Occasion - If you're looking for fun cupcakes for any type of holiday or party, this is the best resource for all the cupcakes you'll ever need.
- Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes - A sweet and easy cupcake recipe, these adorable little Christmas trees NEED to be eaten.
- Candy Cane Cupcakes - No crunch here, just soft candy cane yumminess on top of a cupcake!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas cupcakes board on Pinterest.