These easy cake box mix cupcakes are so fast to put together, this might be my new “go-to” recipe. Soft, moist and with a crumb that’s so delicate and yummy, you’re going to love this cake mix hack for cupcakes!
Cake Box Mix Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are cupcake obsessed. But the fun part is the decorating. Making the actual cupcakes can be, well, just a kind of rote experience. But I’ve been mixing it up a lot lately, shaking out some new “basic cupcake recipes” to try to make actually baking a cupcake fun again. My latest? Cake box mix cupcakes.
Quick, easy and decidedly delicious, these cupcakes are awesome in their own right. But I can’t tell you how awesomely tasty they are with a bit of icing. Serious. Yum. If you’re ready for a cake mix hack for cupcakes that you’ll love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Cake Mix Hack for Cupcakes
- If you’re standing in the store trying to decide which kind of cake mix to choose, don’t sweat it! You aren’t going to mess this up. Whether you pick a white cake mix or a yellow cake mix–heck, even a funfetti cake mix, this cake mix hack for cupcakes is going to work.
- The same goes for the pudding mix. Pick whichever flavor you want–I chose vanilla because I was going for a vanilla cupcake. But if you want a chocolate cupcake, use a chocolate pudding. Don’t overthink this–you’ve got it.
- There’s an argument in the background between myself and a friend of mine about whether or not to lightly spray the cupcake liner with baking spray. I say no–my cupcakes don’t seem to stick to the cupcake liner when I peel them away. But my friend says she’s had problems with sticking. It’s possible it’s just the brand or type of cupcake liner. But, at the end of the day, there’s no right or wrong. You can spray your cupcake liners if you want, but if you don’t have problems with the cake sticking, you don’t have to.
How Do I Make Cake Box Mix Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 regular Box Cake Mix
- 1 small Vanilla Pudding Box
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cake box mix and the pudding mix.
- Add milk, eggs and oil to the cake box mix then beat together for 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer or until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter into each cupcake tin cavity.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the centermost cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on the counter completely before decorating.
For more fun cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes – Adorable and fun cupcakes with a dollop of cotton candy on top make for a fun party cupcake you can whip up in minutes!
- Easy Shark Cupcakes – Undersea party? Got it. Shark Week treat? Got it. Seriously–so much cupcake fun and a shark fin to boot.
- Flamingo Cupcakes – I love summer and these flamingo cupcakes embody everything about summer that you can imagine with a tiny flamingo on top!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest.