I adore these Christmas tree cupcakes. They are not only the world’s cutest holiday cupcake, but these Christmas cupcakes are surprisingly easy to make. Win-win!
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a million Christmas ideas swirling in our heads. Like sugar plum cupcakes and holly cupcakes…well, I have a million ideas, like I said. But, when I was making a few fun holiday cupcakes the other day (practicing for the big event, you know), I came up with these adorable Christmas tree cupcakes and I just had to share.
The adorableness is just overflowing with these cute Christmas cupcakes. If you’re ready to make some adorableness in the form of a tiny tree, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make holiday cupcakes
- Start with this easy Lazy Girl cupcake recipe. Its so simple and, as long as you follow the recipe, they come out absolutely perfect every time!
- I love the fact that these Christmas cupcakes don’t require a ton of frosting. If you’re making your own, like I’ve got down in the recipe, below, that’s awesome. But if you’re making it with canned frosting (that’s fine too, no judgement–I had just run out when I was making these tiny holiday cupcakes), you should only need to use about 1/2 of the can. So, if you make a second batch of holiday cupcakes, you have plenty in just one can!
How Do I Make this Christmas Tree Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite cupcakes (I used my favorite Lazy Girl cupcakes and just added some cocoa powder)
- ¾ cup butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3-5 tbsp milk
- Green gel food coloring
- 1 cup white sprinkles, poured into a bowl
- Candies of assorted colors
- Let your cupcakes cool completely before decorating.
- Start making the buttercream by: with a mixer, combine butter, icing sugar and milk on medium speed. Gradually increase speed to high and beat the mixture until it's completely smooth.
- Frost each cupcake with a spatula.
- Dip each cupcake top into bowl of sprinkles.
- Color the remaining buttercream with the green food coloring.
- Using Wilton frosting tip #199, pipe out a tree onto each cupcake.
- Decorate each tree with assorted-colored candies, placing a yellow one on top.
- Enjoy and happy holidays!
For more fun holiday cupcakes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 37gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Christmas Party Ideas You Might Like
- Candy Cane Cupcakes – I cannot get over how cute (and easy) these Christmas cupcakes are! Made with fondant, the candy canes are so simple–but look professional.
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes – Oh, so you like hot cocoa? Well, cupcakes with a hot cocoa bent should be right up your alley.
- All the Best Christmas Cupcakes – If you’re looking for a cupcake for a Christmas party or get-together, you’ll find so many ideas here!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas party ideas board on Pinterest.