I can’t get over how fast this set of easy farmhouse gnome porch decorations from logs came together! They’re so simple, but truly make a statement at your door.
What You'll Find On This Page
Farmhouse Gnome Porch Decorations
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little gnome-crazy. It’s like boy-crazy, but I squee over tiny gnomes.
Aaaaanyway….so, I was in need of some fun gnomes to go on my porch because who doesn’t love a good outdoor Christmas decor idea, right?! So I came up with this fun and ridiculously easy gnome tutorial made from logs that I couldn’t be more proud of it! Let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make DIY Log GNomes
- If you have never cut craft fur before, or you have but just hated how it turned out, I have a little trade-secret for you. Just flip the fur over face-down and cut the back of the fabric only–with an Exacto knife or razor blade. I have a quick video tutorial here on how to cut faux fur correctly.
- I made almost this whole DIY craft from scraps I had laying around. Check your stash to see if anything would work for the hat fabric or trim.
- To make the beards that slightly chaotic controlled mess, I just finger-brushed until I got the shape I wanted. If you want an elegant beard, use a comb or slicker brush to shape the fur.
- For those noses, use large wood beads or polymer clay rounds you can whip up in about 20 minutes.
How Do I Make this Porch Decor Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a DIY Christmas decor playlist on YouTube, here is our farmhouse gnome porch decor video tutorial.
More DIY Gnome Tutorials You Might Like
- Christmas Farmhouse Gnome Book Stack – I am enamored with the way this awesome book stack came out–and it’s all about being at gnome sweet gnome. LOL!
- Farmhouse Gnome You Can Make in Minutes – He’s chunky with a big ‘ole bushy beard and a darling little nose. You’ve got to make one if you haven’t already.
- DIY Gnome Tutorials for DAYS! – If you need a gnome tutorial, you’d better believe I have it. So, check out these, some of my favorite gnome tutorials you’ll ever see.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.